All I want for Christmas is you

December 25th

"Merry Christmas, bambina, " Carina said in a sweet voice, slipping under the covers and grabbing Maya from behind. The brunette closed her eyes and pressed her nose against her wife's hair for a moment, slowly inhaling its delicate scent.

"Hmm, Merry Christmas, babe", Maya said in a sleepy voice with her eyes still half closed, letting herself be cuddled by her wife.

The firefighter was opening her eyes slowly, still trying to get used to the morning light. It was late, but as the day was completely cloudy and snowy outside, the light entering the room was still shy.

Carina had gotten up early in the morning, but it didn't bother her wife. The Italian woman let her wife rest a little longer while she made all the arrangements for breakfast. She was willing to do anything to make that day special for Maya. To change the wife's idea of ​​Christmas.

"You look so cute in your pajamas," Carina said, placing a kiss on her wife's neck and tightening her arms around her even more. Carina was referring to the red pajamas with a Christmas print Maya had on an that was exactly like the one she was wearing. Nearly a month ago when the brunette brought that, Maya had sworn she wouldn't wear it.

"I have to admit it's very comfortable and warm", the blonde said as she stretched taking the opportunity to turn her body towards the brunette putting her leg over her body to bring her as close as possible.

Carina approached with an "I told you so" look and stole a kiss.

*Flashback*

December 5th

"Are you done?", Maya said with her elbows resting on the shopping cart with the most bored expression ever.

"No," Carina scanned Christmas decorations off the shelves and didn't even take her eyes off them to look at her wife.

"And how long will it take?"

"I don't know, Maya. Stop acting like a child," the doctor said as she checked the list in her hands.

"I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat?" the blonde complained resting her chin on her arms on the shopping cart.

"If you helped more, it would take less time", now the Italian woman gave a look at her wife over the list to make her feel guilty.

"I'm helping.", Maya argued.

"You're complaining. That's all."

Suddenly, Carina stopped in the middle of the store, watching an entire section of  Christmas-patterned pajamas. The brunette was static for a moment with her hand on her chin, analyzing the pieces with her eyes.

"We need this," the brunette said, already reaching for a set of long red sleeves with reindeer shapes drawn in white all along its length.

"We what?... I'm sorry but I'm not wearing this," the blonde widened her eyes, lifting her body to look at what Carina planned to do with those undiscreet pajamas.

"Ha ha ha, Maya you are funny", the brunette said in her typical ironic voice emphasizing the "Ha ha ha". "Of course you're going to wear it. Here's your size. And my size."

"Carina...? There's no way I'm wearing this. I'm serious," the blonde said crossing her arms.

*End of Flashback*

"You smell like chocolate", Maya said holding the brunette's face in her hands.

"I'm making you chocolate chip cookies."