Part 9 | Butterbeer

"What is it with you and Hogsmede?" Loki asked as the two of you walked down the cool street.

Winter was coming, the days slowly getting cooler.

"It's cute" you replied, skipping along happily. "It's quaint and quirky and completely bizarre, and I love it. Wait until you see Diagon Alley!"

"It sounds exciting."

"I'll take you to see it soon."

Pushing open the door, you followed Loki into the The Three Broomsticks, taking a deep breath of the warm scent of butterbeer.

"A table for two please" he asked politely, Madame Rosmerta leading the two of you to a small circular table in the back corner.

"I'll be back darling, I'll get some drinks."

"Ello ello ellooo."

"Oh for the love of peace" you muttered, pinching the bridge of your nose as the Weasley twins sidled up to your table with matching smirks.

"Is this a date I see?" Fred grinned, leaning on the table.

"Between two professors?" George smirked.

"No, between two giants dipshit, go away" you grumbled, laying your head on the table in annoyance. "Can you ever leave me alone?"

"No" George snickered.

"We're just so dazzled by your beauty" Fred sighed, holding a dramatic hand to his forehead.

A moment later their head smacked forward, a wisp of green magic trailing around them.

"I'm certain it's illegal to hit on a Professor" Loki chuckled, waving his hand again and turning their hair grey. "Shoo."

The now old looking twins trudged away, tugging at their hair and discussing how they were going to turn it back.

"Idiots" you snickered, thanking him as he passed you a butterbeer.

"They're pretty funny" he chuckled, sliding into the seat across from you and pulling the lid off his drink.

"When they're not irritating the crap out of me."

"I do that on a daily basis."

"Daily?" You snorted, almost spilling your butterbeer. "More like minutely."

"It's a talent darling" he answered, smirking at you over the lid of his mug.

————————————————————

"Congratulations" Flickwick smiled, passing by you the next morning.

"On what?"

The Professor just chuckled, continuing his way to his classroom.

"Odd" you murmured, shrugging it off.

Throughout the morning you received lots of "congrats" and "well done"'s, driving you mad.

It wasn't until McGonagall said something that you finally lost it.

"It was bound to happen" she smiled, patting your shoulder. "I'm glad."

"WHAT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN??"

"Haven't you seen this mornings Hogwarts paper dear?" (I know there isn't one, but let's say there is cause I like it).

"Oh for fucks sake, what??"

The woman sighed, reaching into her robes and passing you the rolled up parchment.

"Page 14 dear."

Flicking through it, you reached a large image of-

"I'm going to murder those twins."

A picture of you and Loki at The Three Broomsticks, laughing about something was captioned "Love is in the air with two young professors this weekend!"

"You cannot kill the Weasleys dearie, nor any other child for that matter."

"Well I'm off to do it" you answered, rolling te paper up tight as you strode away.

"Morning Professor Binns, sorry to interrupt. May I have the Weasley twins please?" You asked sweetly. "I may not return them."

As the boys followed your out the room, their grins widened, stretching across their faces.

"I can't believe you did that!" You exclaimed, wacking them both over the head with the paper.

"We just had to show the whole world how much you love him" they chorused.

"I do not, he's my friend."

"Liar liar pants of fire" they sang out.

"Shut up, I am not discussing my love life with teenage mortals."

"But do you?"

"No, shut up. Stay out of my business."

"We're not leaving until you tell us if you at least like him" Fred bargained.

"As a friend, yes" you sighed.

George rolled his eyes. "That's crap Professor."

Before you could answer, the Weasley twins walked around the corner.

"Um, what the fuck" you sputtered, whipping your head between the four of them.

"What is going on?" The new twins asked, glaring at the two in front of you. "We're never on time to class."

"Fuck" the two in front of you muttered, disappearing in a shimmer of green.

"LOKI!"

——————————————————

Ta daaaaaaa, Loki being a little shit as usual

Side note, my best friend and I once made butterbeer, and it was so good