Chapter Six

I stood in front of the mirror in my room speaking affirming words to myself before heading downstairs to have breakfast. Stephen was in the kitchen with Aunty Joke, she was packing his lunch, and Vivian was having breakfast in the dining room.

The weekend had gone by faster than I expected,  and I was looking forward to school as usual. Rachel came to my house on Saturday morning and left on Sunday evening and I was able to persuade her to study with me which she subsequently appreciated because she had been slacking on some courses.
I arrived at the dining room and greeted sister Vivian who was all dressed up for work.

"Stephen I think your school bus is here," I said at the top of my voice as I hear the honk of the bus

"He's coming o" Aunty Joke replied and they both hurriedly came out of the kitchen handing him his lunch bag. "Be a good boy and don't waste the food o" She added.

"Yes ma, Bye sis," He said running towards the door entrance

"Byeeee" Vivian and I replied in unison.

"Good morning Aunty Joke" I greeted

"Morning my dear. I dey go market with the car for afternoon, shey I should pick you up from school when you are done"

"Aunty Joke don't bother, I'll come home with my friends when I'm done with school"

"Alright, ko take care o"

"Thank you ma"

"Joke please add toothpaste to the list you are taking to the market. I'm almost out of it" Vivian added

"Yes ma" She replied and exited the dining room

"I noticed you came down late for breakfast, hope nothing?" Vivian asked

"Oh no nothing, ehm I guess I woke up late" I stuttered

"Okay" She replied staring at me suspiciously. I guess I was acting nervous because, of course, I slept late talking to Alex not realizing time had passed until it was 3 am., so when my alarm went off, I didn't realize I had gotten up late than usual.

"Sister Vivian, so how was your date with Andrew. I just remembered we haven't had enough time to talk about it since you came back". I asked smiling trying to ease the atmosphere.

" Amebo don't you have to be on your way to school now?" She answered back laughing

"Sharon will call me when she gets here. Where did you guys go, I need the full gist in detail" I said teasing and my phone rang immediately

"Good thing she's here already. You better start going"

"Don't worry you are telling me everything at night" I replied standing up and heading to the door entrance.

"I hear you. Be good okay"

"I will and you too byeee".

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

" We have come to the end of today's lecture. No assignment today; however we'll be having our mid-semester test next Tuesday so prepare well for it. See you next week" Mrs. Ajala addressed us after taking us to a two hours class on Genetics II.

Her courses were always lively,  and she always found a way to connect each topic she taught to a personal experience she had in the past

I'm not sure how one person could have so much life experience, but I think we all enjoyed hearing her stories and looked forward to each lesson with her.