Chapter Five

I went to sister Vivian's room to keep her company while preparing for a dinner date with Andrew. She's seated in the mirror opposite her bed doing her makeup and hair while I sat on her bed pressing my phone.

"Sister Vivian I think Andrew will propose to you today," I spoke as though I had planned it with Andrew. But it was what I had anticipated for a while now and kept assuming he'd pop the question every time they had a romantic occasion to attend.

"What makes you think that," Vivian asked looking at me through the mirror and trying to figure out my facial expression.

"Well, it's Valentine's day and you guys are going on a fancy dinner date. So I think it's the perfect time for something like this" I replied

"Well, I don't think so because it's a bit cliche, and, he knows I would prefer something more indoor and intimate," She said with a lot of confidence showing on her face.

"Hm, Okay"

She smiled looking at me through the mirror and focusing back on fixing her makeup.

Andrew and Vivian had been together for about four years, and I recall her meeting him at a restaurant near her place of work. After exchanging phone numbers, they began dating a month later. Vivian had told me a lot about him, so I was looking forward to meeting him the first time he came to visit. We were going through a difficult time in our lives at the time, and he was quite helpful. He'd come virtually every weekend to see us and buy things for us, plus he was that cool person who didn't feel the need to add "uncle" to their names while addressing them, but I think it was the gift aspect that won me and Stephen's heart and made us like him instantly.

" You're making me wish I had someone I could spend my Valentine's day with". I sighed

"You've been so preoccupied with your phone since you got here and I'm sure you are chatting with a guy. Didn't he ask you to be his val?" Vivian asked

"I'm not chatting with any guy" I denied

"Hm, I don't believe you. So who have you been talking to"

"Random people" I answered feeling uncomfortable with Vivian's interrogation

"Okay if you say so, it's unlike you"

"I'm just bored that's it" I answered giving a fake smile.

She finishes her makeup and stood up to get her dress from the wardrobe.

"Jane which of these dresses should I put on," She asked holding dress each in her hand.

"I don't know I think anyone will go. You know I'm not good at deciding stuff like this"

"Just pick one it doesn't matter".

" Maybe you should call sister Tomi and ask her. She'd know"

"That's true sef. I don't why you are here when you can't be useful". Vivian said jokingly

" Ahn Ahn, I'm here to give you moral support na" I replied

"Hm naso" She picks up her phone on the bed and face time Tomi.

"Babes, I need your help," Vivian said to Tomi

"Sure, what is it" Tomi replied

"Jane help me hold the phone let me show Tomi these dresses"

I collected the phone and greeted Tomi "Hi sister Tomi"

"Darling, how are you" she replied

"I'm fine sis thank you" Then I turned the camera to face sister Vivian

"Tomi, should I put on the red or black dress?" Vivian asked showing her the dresses she held in each hand.

"They are both nice but I think I prefer the black dress" Tomi answered

"You know it's Valentine's, don't you think the red will go with the occasion," Vivian asked again

"Hmm I think the red is too basic and a lot of people might be wearing red. Don't you want to look different?"

"Oh wow, I didn't think of that. Thanks boo

"You're welcome you know I gat you"

I handed over Vivian's phone to her and concentrates on pressing my phone still seated on her bed while she continues her face time call with Tomi.

"So do you think Andrew will propose to you today," Tomi asked Vivian

"Babe, I'm not thinking of anything I just want to enjoy myself with him today. That's all"

"Naso, I've been anticipating it for a while o. It's been almost four years since you guys started dating, girl he's wasting time already."

"Tomi he'll do it when the time is right. There is no rush at all, at least he has assured me about our future and that is what matters to me" Vivian replied as I assisted her in zipping up her dress.

"Okay o, I'll be waiting patiently till that day" Tomi responded

" Yeah, you do that" They both laughed.

"Is Nimi still coming over to your place?" Vivian asked Tomi

"Yeah of course. I... Oh, there's a knock at my door I think it's him. Let me go check"

"Okay. I'll just leave you guys to Netflix and chill since you both decided not to go out and have a nice time on a night like this. Nasty couples"

"Woah, we are far better than you and Andrew"

"You wish. Have fun though and fill me in tomorrow." Vivian said teasing Tomi

"Well, you too" She laughed "bye boo"

"Byeee". She ends the call.

"How do I look?" Vivid asked facing me

"You look beautiful" I replied smiling scanning her look with my eyes.

She was dressed in a black off-shoulder body con satin dress that fell just above her knee and revealed her nicely curved hips. Her white little purse and transparent heels complemented her dress well, as did her nice dazzling pair of silver earrings and a matching necklace.

She smiled back at me. "Where's Stephen by the way," She asked

"He's probably in his room or the living room watching TV"

"Call him for me"

I left her room and returned with Stephen.

"You look, beautiful Sister Vivian," Stephen said smiling.

"Thank you, my not-so-little brother" She replied smiling back. "Did you come home with any assignment?" She asked almost immediately

"Yes, I did" He murmured

"And?"

"I have completed one out of two"

"Why haven't you done the second one"

"Ehm.. I..I'll.. Sister Jane will assist me, it's difficult." He replied trying to find the right word.

"Stephen I'm not happy with you," Vivian said squeezing her face

"I'm sorry sis" He murmured facing his head to the ground"

"Anyway," She checks the screen of her phone and realized Andrew had texted her on his arrival "I have to go now, Andrew is downstairs"

Stephen's face lit up "Can I follow you downstairs to greet Andrew"

"Sure you can. What about you, Jane"

"I'll pass, my regards to him though"

"Only God knows the person that has all your attention drawn to your phone. Close my room door when you leave"

"I'm leaving now" I stood up from Vivian's bed and we all exited the room.

Please guys show some love and vote after reading💝💖🤗