10

I'VE NEVER been a person to stalk anyone, or obsess over them. In my youth, women always made the first move on me. It's never been the opposite. I've always been too shy, or too indecisive. It's difficult to tell if someone's into women or not sometimes. My gaydar isn't that great. Not at all.

I never imagined myself looking at Bethany's email, of her portfolio, to get her address. And most of all, I never expect myself to show up at her place, and park in front of her apartment building like I'm stalker-crazy. Should I go in? Is it a good idea? She knows I'm weird, but I doubt that she thinks I'm this weird. This frickin' girl makes me do things that I've never done before, or would ever consider doing. I've never even slept with someone on the first date. But I slept with her!

Leaning my forehead against the steering wheel, I think about those sparkling blue eyes. Is this mere infatuation that I have for her, or is it a bit deeper?

My phone begins to ring, and I look at the caller's ID. It's Petah. My blood begins to boil. I throw my phone into my purse, and get out of my car. Heading into the building, and finding the correct apartment, I press the doorbell, and wait patiently. I'm so anxious, and I don't know what to do with myself.

"Mommy, Mommy," I hear Blue's voice, and a smile immediately curves my lips.

I can hear him running, before a loud thump, and he begins to cry. I'm becoming worried, but when Bethany opens the door, with Blue crying against her shoulder, the most surprised look is on her face, "can I come in?" I ask, before she can say anything.

"Yeah," her tone is so low, as she moves to the side. Blue's eyes dart to mine, and he immediately squeals, and jumps out of her arms.

"Xo, Xo," he leaps into my arms, and almost tackles me to the floor. I'm laughing along with him, as I try to steady my balance, while lifting him up.

"You remember me, huh?" I begin to tickle his tummy, as Bethany closes the door. She looks at me for a moment, before heading over to the couch.

"Uh, huh," he brushes his thumb over my nose, before poking my cheek.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," he slips down to the floor, and takes my hand in his.

"Come," he guides me to the couch, and grabs a book from the floor to show me, "animals, Xo, Xo. You learn too?" He plops down on the floor, and opens the book, "sit," he pats the floor beside him.

I give Bethany a glance, and nibble on my lower lip. She doesn't seem too bothered by the intrusion, "I was just teaching him to spell," she says, as she brushes her hair behind her ear.

"Mommy, were did the Jars go?" Jars? I cross my legs beneath my bum, as I sit next to him.

"Giraffes," she leans down, and turns the pages for him.

"Jars," he repeats, causing me to hold in a giggle. Bethany shoots me a playful glare, as she runs her fingers through his hair. She kisses the top of his head, his blonde curls pressing against her lips.

"I'm only letting that slide because you're still a baby."

"Baby?" He pouts and tilts his head back, so that he could look at her, "Imma big boy, Mommy," my heart is melting at a hundred degrees. He's so adorable.

"You're my baby," she says. He sighs in defeat, as he looks at me. I pout and jut out my bottom lip, making him smile.

"Xo, Xo, naptime?"

I just got here. But if you sleep, then I'll get to talk to your mommy. I smile deviously, and pick him up.

"He's just trying to get out of me teaching him," Bethany doesn't seem to be against him going to bed.