01 | The First Kiss

It was a game of truth and dare. Aelius chose truth, and I chose dare.

His truth.

"I master the skill of kissing, or so I'm told by the girls," Aelius said, his aqua blue arctic eyes gleaming when the girls around him gave him heart eyes.

"What bullshit," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Aelius locked his gaze with me from across the circle, and his lips twitched in a lopsided grin. "I can prove it."

"You need proof if something is in question." I mimicked his grin and reached for the bottle to spin it for the next round, keeping my eyes zoned at him. "Are you saying your skill is in question?"

I spun the bottle, and as soon as it stopped with its head in my direction, I swear I heard a low chuckle from Aelius.

"Truth or Dare, Daisy?" He asked intently, leaning back slightly, resting his weight on his elbows. "Choose."

My nerves kicked in but so did all the vodka flowing into my blood. I had already chosen truth twice, and both the times, it was something sexual, and my answers made me look like a twelve-year-old girl, not sixteen. So, I ended up putting a nail in my coffin. "Dare."

"Atta Girl!" I heard Shelby cheer for me, but I couldn't take my eyes off Aelius. The obnoxious prick was enjoying that.

My Dare.

The smirk on his lips screamed trouble. There was no knowing what notorious potion brewed in his aquamarine smile. He was as unpredictable as the shower of rain in summer, wild like torrid waves of the sea. "I dare you to let me prove my kissing skill in practice."

No way he would mean that. I took it as a joke at first. After all, he was a trickster, a master in kissing or not, but surely, a master in cracking stupid jokes. I laughed, looking around at the familiar faces from my grade. My laughter faded as soon as I realized everyone was quiet and waiting for the demonstration. "You're joking, right?"

"You can always back out, Daisy," he leaned closer towards me, then took a swooping look at the audience around us before locking his gaze with me.

"Then they will believe in my mastery skill in kissing and your mastery skill in backing away from a dare. Now, you don't want that, do you?"

I gaped at him, exasperated. "Are you blackmailing me into kissing you?"

"No, I wouldn't do that." He replied, annoyance starting to surface on his face as he passed a frustrated hand through his curls. "It's a simple dare. You either do it, or you don't. The control is in your hand. Besides, I wasn't shitting myself when I claimed my kissing skills."

I realized we were very close to each other, our faces just a few inches away, and we were practically whispering.

"Do you think she will do it?" Aria spoke from beside me.

"I don't think she has it in her." It was Alex this time, and that might have been the trigger.

I wouldn't have kissed him not if Alex weren't there among the audience, not if I wasn't so hopelessly in love with Alex, and not if I didn't want to make Alex jealous.

There was a possibility that Alex would feel even one percent of the burn that I was feeling at that moment while he was holding hands with Micaela.

But either way, there were no more whispered banters, no second-guessing or warning signals blaring in my mind when in the next instant, the gap between our lips closed. His full, soft lips, the perfect cupid bow with a hint of peppermint, were flush against my stone-cold trembling ones. The feathery feel of his lips against mine only lasted for a second or two. He didn't go all out to pry my lips open and sink deeper into my mouth as I wanted him.

And before I could properly feel the kiss or respond to it, he was slipping away. My nerves were all over the place, my heart pounded in my ears, and my toes curled. No wonder he mastered the skill because he rendered me breathless even without kissing me full-on. Or maybe it was the fact that it was my first kiss. I always wanted my first kiss to be Alex. My eyes flew open with the realization, surprised to know that they were even closed. His breathing was as uneven as mine, and we gazed stunned into each other's eyes.

"So, is he the best kisser, Daisy?" Someone from the group asked.

In that post kiss haze, I was too oblivious of my response when I admitted, "Yes."

And that's how Aelius Carter Hayes gained the ultimate title of the best kisser of our grade, our high school, and our town exactly in that progression.

Too exaggerated? I know, it was.

***
Words: 815

Author's Note: Hey Wattpad readers ! A new story begins as part of ONC2022! If you are enjoying it, please add your comments and votes.

Thank you so much for reading this story.