43

"I-I n-never wanted to hurt you. I won't clarify myself because I know I'm at fault here. I wronged you."

He paused a bit and kissed her palm gently and continued. "B-but I'm a selfish bastard. I want your f-forgiveness, I can't b-breath properly knowing that I'm your sinner."

He wiped his tears and continued in a hoarse voice.

"I love y-you Chloe. And I don't know since when."

He gently placed her hand on his heart, a tear slipped down his dark orbs as he continued.

"This is paining Chloe and its unbearable. It's as if someone is squeezing it painfully inside me and is tearing it apart bit by bit just by knowing that you will hate me. T-this pain is making me vulnerable."

At this moment he remembered her words she had said the same thing to him with the same gestures when she was drunk. He could feel her pain. His tears turn into low sobs.

"I-I'm sorry please, I can't see you like this please forgive me Chloe, forgive m-me I beg you!"

His body shook and racked with sobs, he couldn't stand seeing her life less like this anymore. He kissed her palm last time, his lips lingering there a bit longer and with a last glance at her he left the room.

***************

Seconds passed into minutes, minutes passed into hours, hours passed into days. Days passed into weeks.

It has been seventeen days since that tragic night. Seventeen days since she last saw him. Seventeen days since she uttered a single word.

Physically she was almost healed but emotionally she was in chaos.

During the first five days she would wake up confused but end up loosing her consciousness due to panic attacks. She would be kept on sedatives so that her body could heal properly.

Dr. Jennifer was very well aware that in such cases the patient must not only be treated physically but psychologically as well. So she helped Chloe in controlling the hallucinations and the panic attacks. She strictly warned Andrew, not to come in front of Chloe.

But the thing she was more worried about is that Chloe hasn't spoken a single word since that day. She was scared to admit that Chloe is in the phase of elective mutism because of the trauma.

It will mostly take a long period for a person who is suffering from elective mutism to speak again and in some cases the person becomes mute forever. But if person is supported and encouraged by those whom they trust and believe, it will help to make them overcome it. But by the situation of Chloe she doubted that Chloe will ever trust someone who did this to her.

Dr. Jennifer informed Ethan about the situation and recommended him to convince Andrew in letting Chloe goes for few days to her family so that she could cry her heart out in the arms of the one whom she trusted.

Ethan was already depressed with all the situation but after hearing about Chloe's mutism he was scared to accept this reality. He didn't know what to feel anymore.

And about convincing Andrew for letting Chloe go was never an option because he knew very well that Andrew won't ever let this happen.

Ethan himself would never consider this option, as much as he wanted to take Chloe away from this hell, he couldn't because he knew how much dangerous it could get for Chloe.

After knowing how their enemies had drugged Andrew and are looking for a chance to pounce on them again he couldn't stop himself from worrying. After confronting Shawn he was well aware of John's motives.

When he was confirmed with the tests that Andrew was drugged, at that time he didn't know either to be relieved or to be more angry. Either way it was a loss or loss situation for them. He didn't know that it would be better for him to tell Chloe about Andrew being drugged or not. But he knew very well that she wouldn't consider it in the first place.

After her first panic attack Ethan distant himself from her he was afraid that she might hallucinate Andrew in him. That's why he never visited her room and only watched her from distance. The way she would look, sitting like a life less soul hurts him so much. As there is only one expression on her face every time ... Lost!

In the house everyone's life is disturbed. Jess and Eli would try their best to approach Chloe or talk to her but she would just simply stare in the space and didn't even consider their presence. Every one was sad.

But the one who broke his precious love, was himself completely broken.