Chapter 28

Delilah

My brothers decided to hog me for today and I knew, it was going to take them a while to leave me alone which I was happy about. So here we were, all cuddled up on our huge sofa and watching a movie.
It had been a week since the incident but I became too paranoid and afraid to leave the house alone now. I had to have atleast one of my family members around me constantly. I hated myself for being like this, but I couldn't help it.

I looked over at Tyler to see him knocked out over my legs. My legs had become numb but I didn't want to wake him up as he was sleeping soundly.
Ashton had his head on my shoulder while occasionally shoving in a handful popcorn in his mouth.
And I had my head on Tristan's shoulder. He was probably the only one actually watching the movie.

I had taken leave from school for some days and the principal was more than happy to grant it to me. Naturally, Tyler decided that he was on a leave too and stopped attending his classes. Mom and Dad didn't reprimand him maybe because they knew I wanted them around me. It gave me a sense of security.
Ashton had left in the middle of an important tournament as soon as he got the news that I was abducted. His coach and team were confused as to why he was suddenly leaving, but they knew better than to question his decisions.
Tristan would attend a few hours of work and hurriedly come back home. I would wait for him at the door eagerly and would latch myself onto him as soon as he arrived.

My grandparents and cousins had to leave after staying for a week. But they promised to visit soon again.

"Aria, are you sleepy?" Tristan asks softly.

"A little." I said trying to fight off my sleep.

"I'll take you to your room." With that, he carries me in his arms. I look over to see that Ashton had started snoring now and Tyler was drooling.

"They look stupid." I state as I yawn sleepily.

"That's because they are, sorella." Tristan says with a straight face which made me giggle. He looked down at me with a soft smile and I lean my head on his chest slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Is she asleep?" I hear dad asking Tristan. I was too tired to open my eyes or speak.

"Yes dad." Comes his stoic reply.

I feel my dad planting a kiss on my forehead. After which, Tristan continues walking to my room and eventually tucks me in bed, leaving a kiss on my forehead too.

"Goodnight, sorella."

****

I wake up feeling refreshed. A good night's sleep really does wonders to your body.
I enter the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as I come out, I hear my phone ringing.

Luca's name appears on the screen. My stomach immediately doing all kinds of backflips and somersaults.

"Hello?" I nervously answer.

"Sweetheart, how are you feeling?" Hearing his voice all worried actually made me want to cry.

"I'm feeling better now. Thank you for asking." I genuinely felt grateful that he called to check up on me.

"I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. I actually wanted to come and see you but realized that I had to give you and your family some space." He apologized.

"What? No. I'm actually really grateful that you even called to check up on me." My heart is literally melting down.

"I'll come see you soon, sweetheart. Until then, take care of yourself." I could hear him smile through the phone.

Am I crazy?

"You too." With that, I hung up. I just stood there motionless for a whole minute.

Wait. Did he say he'd come to meet me soon!?

_______________
A/N
I am team Tristan forever.
What about you guys?🫂
-lia__nee