Chapter 25

Another day without their dearest Delilah was a living hell to the Jones family.

They had been using all their resources, but the bastard Victor had really stepped up his game. The men in the family were trying to keep themselves from massacring everything. The women were distraught and fear had overcome their thoughts.

The location Matteo had traced led to a false location that someone from Victor's side had setup. This led them back to square one.

On the other hand, Luca was enraged when the news of Delilah's abduction reached him. He used up every resource he had to dig up everything on Victor.
Even though he knew he would be questioned by the Jones family about him lending a helping hand to them when they didn't mean anything to him, he decided to answer their questions once Delilah was back home.

Luca arrived at the Jones mansion to share the intel he had.
When he was ushered inside, he was met with questioning stares.

"Why have you decided to lend us your help?" Alexander questions suspiciously.

"That is not what is important now, is it?" Luca answered nonchalantly walking towards Alexander.

They decided to go through each and every information they had obtained from their own sources so far. Luca's intel had been like the missing puzzle pieces.
Victor had been living under a false name and building up his power. Being the master manipulator that he is, he had managed to escape the clutches of the Jones family years ago.

"He is a very cunning man. I already know he has everything intricately planned out. We need to get into his head for our next move." Alexander says clenching his teeth.

A guard comes rushing in.

"Sir, a letter along with a parcel was dropped off at the gate." A guard says as he hands it over.
Tristan takes it away from him and opens the envelope.
He immediately tenses up on reading the contents.

"What is it Tristan? It's Victor isn't it?" Alexander asks getting up from the desk and walking towards him.

"It says we have less than twenty four hours to save her or else we'll get her body in pieces for the next parcel." Tristan shakes with anger as he discovers Delilah's chopped hair in the parcel.

"He's enjoying making us chase after him while holding the most precious thing to us, knowing he has the upper hand. If we don't play in accordance to his game, he will harm Delilah." Alexander says furiously.

Isabel, Delilah's mother, had fallen into a state of shock. Ashton was outwardly furious but did not lose his composure.
However, Tyler could not control his rage and stormed out of the room.

Luca was outwardly calm but wanted to kill everything in sight. He would kill that motherfucker slowly and painfully, he promised himself.

The room had fallen into a deadly silence. The men were radiating so much anger, the poor guard felt like he was being suffocated.

Just then Alexander's phone rings, he picks it up and puts it on speaker.

"Who is this?" He asks, not being able to control the anger in his voice.

"Mr. Jones, a pleasure talking to you." The voice on the other side replies chuckling darkly.

"Your dear daughter is a really good source of entertainment actually. Who would've thought she would keep me so occupied." He says laughing.

Alexander clenched his fists and resisted the urge to throw the phone across the room.

"Don't you dare touch her." Alexander warns.

"Too late for that Jones. I've already done a lot more than simple touches." He replies bluntly.

This causes the men in the room to stiffen.

"Also, how rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm Caleb. You should remember this name." And with that he hung up the phone.

______________
A/N
Lol. Look at me updating without disappearing for two months😌
Character development you guys🧘🏻‍♀️
The plot twist.. I feel like it was predictable. But I've got another one coming soon🤪
-lia__nee