Chapter 27

"Well would you look at that?" said Taylor, as he shoved a boy against the wall.

"It's little piss pants." Taylor says sneering at the young boy.

His clique laughed along with him while making sure that the boy did not have any chances of escaping.
It was their daily routine; to bully and humiliate the boys around the orphanage.

Taylor, being the son of the director, was always given leeway from all trouble. Being the only son, he had grown up to be a spoiled child wanting everything his way.

"Stop it, Taylor." A boy emerges from the crowd.

"And the saviour finally arrives." Taylor turns towards the new target.

It was an all boys orphanage and majority were under the tender age of sixteen. This particular orphanage was definitely not the best for such young boys; being physically abused was only the tip of the iceberg. However, a healthy supply of such teenage boys kept flowing in due to it being the only orphanage in town.

Caleb stood his ground even though he was scared out of his mind. He knew the things Taylor was capable of and how he was always backed up by his father. Going against Taylor was like willingly getting yourself into a trap.

Being a kind and naive young boy of ten, Caleb had been in the orphanage for almost a year now. He had learnt everything the hard way; how the other boys there never had each other's backs or how one could just betray the other within a millisecond. The first day had been a horrible experience for him and it had left a deep scar on his heart. As the years passed by, he had grown accustomed to the daily torture; the whippings, the assaults and the non consensual acts.

"You think you can stop me from doing anything to this boy, Caleb?" With that, Taylor proceeded to deliver a hard punch on the poor boy's gut. The boy doubled over and almost fell face first, but Caleb fortunately got a hold of him.

"Now let's see.." Taylor harshly grabbed Caleb's jaw and began squeezing it hard. Caleb tried to fight Taylor but he was taller and stronger than him, easily overpowering the tinier ten year old.

"Seems like my father's punishment wasn't enough for you, was it?" Taylor roughly shoved his face but not before spitting on him.

"I'll let him know about your behavior." And with that, they walked off leaving a mess behind. The younger boy was almost losing consciousness and Caleb dragged him to infirmary of the orphanage. It was not the best because of the low budget.

"Doctor Gonzales, please have a look at this boy." Caleb said as soon as he entered the infirmary.

The doctor said that the boy would need to rest for some days. Caleb left the infirmary, leaving the boy in the doctor's care. He went to the washroom to wash off the spit on his face. He knew he had to get out of this dreadful orphanage quick. Just then the director's voice boomed from the speakers.

"CALEB, GET TO MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW."

Caleb already knew what was about to occur, and he dreaded it.

_______________

A/N
Short and disappointing chapter again.. and I might also be disappearing for a while due to my exams. I'm so sorry you guys :'(
Recently I've been losing the motivation to write but I know how it feels when a book you like doesn't update.. so I decided to stop being a bitch and update for you all.
Stay safe and hope you enjoyed the chapter.
-lia__nee