CHAPTER 12: THE NICE ONE

HAZEL MARTINEZ

When my eyes opened in the morning, I found myself in Rafael's arm. His eyes were still closed looking peaceful while sleeping and damn that messy hair look.

Oh Sweet Jesus! Are you trying to kill me early in the morning?

Last night, I was happy to share my feelings with him. I was happy to finally let someone know how do I still feel, how those nightmares still haunt me.

Getting up from the bed I made my way to the washroom. After taking a shower I went downstairs to find Dad talking to Deby, more like arguing with her.

I rolled my eyes.

Every morning Dad fights with that old woman. She's his mother's age but who can explain this to the old man.

I went towards them and greeted them making them stop fighting. Again I made my way towards the kitchen I started preparing the breakfast.

Rafael joined us on the breakfast table all dressed up ready to leave for his work. Tomorrow is my book launch event, I have to inform him.

Not that I expect him to come there for me but again I can't leave the house without his permission, rule number one.

Last time in my excitement I forgot to telk him, can't do that again.

I was about to ask him after the breakfast, but as always Dad said something to which he got irritated and left the house without finishing the breakfast.

Maybe we can talk at night.

I was with Dad the whole morning watching some funny TV shows.

But when Dad got up from his seat he stumbled back falling again on the couch.

Holding his arm, I tried to keep him still "Dad, you okay?"

He nodded his head slowly holding his leg. Picking up a glass I poured water in it and offered it to Dad.

After drinking the water, he said "My head is spinning."

"I'll call Rafael." I said grabbing my phone but he stopped me.

"That won't be needed. Just give a call to our family doctor, he'll do the check-ups."

Not wanting to argue anymore I gave a call to the doctor. I laid Dad on the couch itself he was unable to stand. Few minutes later the doctor arrived, he did all the checks on Dad.

When I asked the doctor about Dad's condition he said "It's due to not having his medicines on time. I have prescribed all of them in a well-arranged manner but he says he always forgets."

Why am I not surprised to hear this? This is so like Dad.

"He needs to have the medicines properly or it would cause serious problems in future."

I nodded "I'll take care of that."

After the doctor left, I sat on the bed beside Dad while he was sleeping peacefully. Yeah the guard helped Dad back to his room.

Should I tell Rafael?

But Dad asked me not to.

But Rafael too needs to know about Dad's carelessness.

I think it would be okay if I tell him after he returns from work.

In the evening, I asked Dad to remain on the bed but as the doctor said this man is stubborn as hell. Ignoring me he sat on the couch in the living room watching TV, I took a seat beside him worriedly.