56. A comforting hug

Tristan POV:

The moment I saw Alina walking up the stairs with a bag in her hand, I had stopped her and found that she was actually going through...a woman....crisis?

It was a little awkward for me to give a response after I figured it all out. Now I understood why women preferred not to confide in men when it came to that.

After kissing and hugging her deeply, not to forget telling her not to run off like that again, I let her go tend to her business.

Heading to the canteen area, I ordered my workers to go work on someplace else in this huge mansion.

I know, I know. Why exactly did I do that? Well, I felt like Alina would probably need something.

I had never done much research on women's menstrual cycle, but I kind of understood it. I think?

Of course, I had only cooked about one or two times my entire life. That also, only for Alina. If I could do it then, I could do it again, right?

Well I told myself that I could and got straight to fixing my Kooky some strozzapreti, which was a known Italian dish of noodles. There was a box of the noodles with the instructions, so I didn't burn this place down.

*************Once I finished the strozzapreti, I placed it in a bowl with a special Italian sauce. I placed the bowl on a tray with a glass of tropical fruit punch and a cold bottle of water.

I know the drinks were very much either kiddy or regular, but I honestly had no clue what to give her.

Chocolate nor any type of soda would be good for her stomach at the moment, something I just happened to remember from someone. Who that person was and when, I don't even remember.

I sat the tray down on the counter and went up to see if Alina was feeling like eating at the moment.

The moment I opened the door, I saw her sitting on the couch, anxiousness all over her face.

It was like she was worried about something and didn't know what to do. It crushed me to see her looking so stressed out.

I didn't know what it was about, but it must've been serious. I asked her what was wrong, but she didn't respond.

As soon as she saw me, she got up and ran into the bathroom. I ran after her and twisted the door knob to find it locked.

I sighed heavily and knocked on the door. I didn't know what was going on with her.

Just a few minutes ago, she seemed completely fine. Now, its like she's on the verge of going insane.

'But why? What happened to her in these last few minutes?' I thought.

I tried to understand her situation and wondered if her hormones was causing her so much distress. After all, she mentioned it earlier and said how she didn't know what she was thinking when she ran off.

But it had to be more than that. I didn't have any encounters with women on their cycle, but this seemed completely off.

I couldn't make any assumptions or conclusions, because I was a man. But this reaction I got from her, and the mixed up expressions on her face had made it very clear that something else was going on with her.

I continued to knock on the door, each and every time getting a little harder and louder.

All of a sudden, I heard a soft thud and then uncontrollable sobs the next moment.

My heart raced and I got extremely worried for Alina. I didn't know what was going on with her and why she was acting like this.

I tried to console her from over the door, but I got no responses. All I heard was continuous sobbing, getting louder each second.