Chapter 6: Not Convinced

Tristan's Pov:

That day, I called my cousin Arthur Sanchez. For some reason, I just knew he was the best person to ask for help, and he would get the job done.

I have a feeling that I am right.

All signs lead to Alina Maddox, daughter of George Maddox. She has a very valid point to come for me and my family, and she is the primary suspect in this attempt to take over my company.

I sent Arthur the first time to go and look for her, but she wasn't there. I told him to look for her and keep tabs on her so we can be sure about what exactly she does.

He told me about her being in a restaurant with a woman and man, which I assume are colleagues or so. Eventually he finally informed me that he found her coming home and had a word with her.

I told Arthur to tell her that her father is alive. I don't know why the hell I decided on this, but just like I thought, it affected her.

Not only do I know much of what I am doing with telling her that George is alive, I don't know how this can help me or how it can make things worse.

But now I have to keep playing this out, and that's exactly what I am going to do.

"She told me to leave her, and I did. She was very much affected by this news. I don't know exactly how she felt, I assume she was surprised, angry, sad, and happy, but I am not for sure. I do know that she was emotional, so I left her with her feelings. Tristan, I know you just want to find out the truth, but I don't think this will help solve your case, nor do I think that she had anything to do with it. Although this is just how I feel, I really do think she is innocent here." Arthur told me

"No, I don't care what you think! I am positive that she has something to do with this. She has all the reasons to do this, she seeks vengeance for her father's death, or rumored to be dead. Alina has every reason to go after me, and it's exactly what she wants, this is her father's company and if he's dead, what makes you think it could not be her. It has to be! How could she not do this? What makes you think she is innocent? She is not innocent, no one is innocent in anything, and don't tell me she didn't seem like a bad person because she was hurt?" I yelled at him on the phone.

"Tristan, it's not about her being hurt. She is a good person, I've seen it. Everyone is hurt, that wouldn't be a reason for me to think she is innocent. I can tell, I can't make you understand, you might think that I am crazy, but I can feel it. Even if she is hurt, she doesn't seem like one to mess with anyone. I don't think we should have messed with her. Just tell me this, after all of this you are going to do, in the end, what if she really was innocent? What if she had nothing to do with this, huh? What are you going to do? Doing this for no reason will get us nowhere and it would make her worse. Why do this Tristan? I understand your point, but I really think you should have dealt with this differently."

Sometimes I feel ashamed to call him my cousin, my blood! How could he think she is innocent? Everything about her screams Enemy! She is an Enemy, someone that would do anything to get revenge! And her reasoning is behind her pain and anger is a reason for her to come after me, to do this to my company! She nor anyone has the right to mess with me or anything that I own. I own every fucking thing, and she just messed with one of my most valuable hard work! My company for goddamn sake, and I should let this go!? Hell no, she will pay.

"I will not let her walk without payback. You know, maybe she might just not have done this, but she is not innocent. Open your fucking eyes Arthur! Stop listening to what your heart fucking says, it's nothing but a waste of time, making you think everything is not the way it actually is. Just because you didn't learn how to fully be a man, doesn't mean you can act like a fucking kid. Understand that she is nothing you think of her. She has her reasons, and she threatened to get revenge! I will handle this the way I see fit, and I don't want to hear another word about it, if it is not helpful. Hear me?" I told him.