52. Morning Awakening

Alina POV:

The sunlight illuminating inside the bedroom, fell onto my closed eyes. I squeezed my eyelids shut harder and groaned.

I turned the other way in hopes of the sunlight leaving my eyes, but to my utter horror, I felt a muscular presence of a man on the side I turned on.

I immediately opened my eyes. I squinted them at first, my eyes burning a little from the impact of the sun. When they finally became clear enough for me to see, I looked at the person.

Beside me was the last person I would have thought would be sleeping beside me. Tristan.

Half of his face was visible, while the other was hidden from my view. His muscular back was even more visible to me and the duvet was covering the bottom half of him.

Though, I could notice the difference from the previous times I asked him to stay and keep me safe.

Those times, he always had his body covered with clothing and I never got the chance to see him asleep in front of me.

But today was different. I got to see him beside me, his eyes closed peacefully and his faced morphed with a partially permanent frown of alertness.

The sunlight not only shone on my face, but his as well. I swooned at his figure beside me. Oh, how handsome and peaceful he looked at this moment. I never had the chance to see him like this, but now I did. I'd be lying if I said that he wasn't a sight to see. Because he most definitely is.

Though, as I took him in fully, my eyes wandered and I found myself looking downwards.

When I did, my face immediately morphed into horror. Even with the duvet covering his bottom half, I knew that he was bare and stark naked underneath it.

A flash of realization came to me. Thats when I looked down and found myself covered in the duvet.

I slowly removed half of it from my body and widened my eyes. I had no clothes on either. I was just as stark as he was.

Finding myself this way, I instantly remembered the night before.

I remembered the party at Xavier's mansion, drinking way too much alcohol and going back home with Tristan in a very drunken state.

Then, the memories of us kissing and him touching me in the pool came back. I next remembered the events that started from the pool to the bedroom, and to now.

I remembered everything that took place between us and the things we discussed that night.

"I know it's hard for you to feel the same way for me, but I have hopes that you might feel something...?" Tristan said with hesitation.

"Yeah...I feel something for you. I-I don't know what it is, but I do. I can't ever be yours or love you like you love me, but I can't deny what my heart can't resist." I told him back.

"Is...you can't feel for me completely, because of the past?" He asked me.

I looked at him and nodded. "That..but there's also other reasons why I can't."

"I might be still under the influence of alcohol, but there's just some things that run so deep, even booze can't even make you spit out." I told him lowly.

He sighed but I guess he understood. "That's alright. You can tell me whenever you're ready."

I looked over at him and my eyes froze when I saw him looking back at me.

"Good morning, kooky." Tristan smiled and sat up on his elbows.

I continued to stare at him, dumbfounded. "I...you're supposed to still be asleep." I muttered.