𝟐

SCARLET'S POV

•••

I placed the last box on the floor and wiped the sweat off of my forehead. I looked out of the giant glass window, and admired the city from above.

Because of how dark it was I could see every building lit up. My gaze shifted up towards the night sky and I smiled. As a photographer I have always had a keen eye for things like the stars.

I'm more than excited to explore this city and capture beautiful moments.

This was a big move for me especially because this will be the first time I'm living alone. I lived with my mom all of my life, and I never thought I'd ever leave her side. Yet, here I am in New York City.

I had arrived from the airport only about an hour or two ago, and had been moving things into the apartment for the past thirty minutes.

It wasn't a lot, but for one person like me- boy did It make me want to give up and just throw it all away.

I took a glance at the view one last time before I started unpacking.

This is going to take forever.

Three hours later...

My phone rung awakening me. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Everything was placed in their respective spots, meaning that I must've slept after finishing unpacking.

I yawned and reached for the phone, sliding the green button over without checking who had called.

"Hello." I croaked out while standing up.

"Did you make it okay?" my mom's voice came through the phone.

"Shit." I mumbled, "Yeah, sorry I fell asleep."

"That's great, sweetie. You had me worried." she sighed.

I placed my phone on the bed after tapping the speaker button.

"Sorry about that. It's pretty late though so I'm gonna start getting ready for bed." I dug through the dresser and pulled out panties and an oversized shirt.

"Alright, keep me updated and stay safe."

I softly smiled and picked up the phone, "Of course. Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too."

The phone beeped and I placed it on the charger. I took a quick shower and hopped into bed, immediately falling asleep when my face hit the sheets.

***

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I groaned.

I got just barely any sleep last night thanks to my neighbors. They were so loud that even my pillow couldn't muffle the noises.

I threw the warm blanket off of my body and groggily stood up. When I entered the bathroom I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror.

My hazel eyes were low, but luckily no dark circles were present. My curly brown hair was thrown into a bun, a few curls lay on top of my tan complexion.

I loved the person that looked back in the reflection.

She had come so far.

I'm proud to say that a new chapter of my life will be starting today.

I went back into the room and grabbed my speaker and phone. I turned on both of the devices and connected them before clicking one of my playlists on Spotify. I sat them on the counter and stripped out of my clothes. I hummed along to a few girl in red songs as I washed and rinsed off my body.