t w e n t y - n i n e

Chapter Twenty-Nine:

You slammed your hand on your desk as you glared at Lady Eunha. "Shut up! I don't know if you understand but you're not my mother. I don't need your stupid help so leave my room" you pointed towards the door. "I can't believe Prince Jungkook chose you as his fiancé. He could have done better" she said and you rolled your eyes.

"of course I know that" you looked away from her. Mary looks at the two of you. "God, I do wish he finds someone better. Not an ugly girl like you. No wonder why you look more like your stupid mother" she said. You immediately walked over to Lady Eunha and slapped her. "You can insult me as much as you want, but don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" you shouted at her. "Mother!" Namjoon and Seokjin ran towards her.

You glared at her as she starts putting on her little show just like she did before. "How dare you slap my mother! Stop acting like an animal and start acting like a young lady" Namjoon yelled at you while Seokjin wiped his mother's tears away. Mary knew she couldn't say anything because Lady Eunha would just bring you into more trouble. "How would you like it if I talked bad about your dead father? Your idiotic mother was insulting my mother. Of course, I'm gonna be angry" you yelled back.

"But it's true though. Your mother was a-" you slapped Namjoon. Duke Lee walks inside and who saw that his 2nd wife and his step-son had a red mark on their cheeks. His eyes landed on you who was frustrated. "What did you do!" he shouts at you. You crossed your arms and rolled your eyes. Of course, he was going to take their side. He always has. "They got what they deserve. Now leave my room" you tell them yet Duke Lee shakes his head.

"I-I was only teaching her how to be a polite lady since she's the fiancé of the prince. She started acting like this when I told her Prince Jungkook might not marry her" Lady Eunha said as she wipes off her tears. "I said I don't need your help! And for godsakes, I don't want to marry the prince" you yelled. You felt a painful sting on your right cheek. tears fell down your cheeks as you glared at the duke who slapped you. "I never raised you like this," he said.

"You never did" you shouted before walking out of your room. You walked out of the mansion to see Prince Jungkook getting off of his carriage. His eyes landed on who had a red mark and watery eyes. He runs over to you and cups your cheeks. "What happened? Who did this to you?" he asked as he wipes your tears away. "I'm fine, your Highness. I just need to go out for a walk" you push him off of you. He looks at his guards and nodded at them.

Prince Jungkook grabbed your hand and took you to the carriage. "let's go to my place. We can talk there" he said and pulls you inside. He made you take a seat next to him and signal the coachman to start driving. As the carriage was moving, the prince held your hand. "so are you not going to tell me who caused this to you?" he asked you. "what do you want to know? look it's nothing" you replied yet he shook his head.

"It's not nothing, Lady (Y/N). I'm your fiancé and as your fiancé, I must protect you. So tell me who did this to you" he said. "Didn't we make it clear that if you manage to make you fall for you, we'll get married? Clearly, I'm not in love with you so you're not my fiancé" you said. "You will eventually. It will take time for you to fall for me. Anyways, answer my question" Prince Jungkook said. "There's no reason why I should tell you" you replied.

A smirk appeared on his face. "Either you tell me or ill have Mary tell me. She must have seen the whole thing. She can't say no since I'm the prince" he replied. "You bastard. Fine, my father did this to me because I slapped his wife and her son who both insulted my mother" you answered. A sudden rage was building up inside of the prince when he heard that. He wanted to teach your family a lesson for hurting you yet he controls his anger. "Once we get married, I promise you that I won't let anyone near you. I'll protect you and give you the love you need"
Prince Jungkook looks into your eyes.

You were getting flashbacks of eighteen-year-old Jungkook who said something similar to that. How he did everything he could so he could marry you as soon as possible. By having your father agree. taking you out on dates, hoping you will fall for him. You decided to take it as a hint that you are destined to stay in this world and be his wife. Prince Jungkook tilts his head as he watches you take a deep breath.

'it seems like every time I'm close to escape, I get push back. Maybe it's time for me to give up and live this new life. If I die, I might not be reincarnated again. It's safer if I just accept it' you thought.

His cheeks turned red and his heart started beating fast when you felt your lips on his cheek. "You know what, I'll be your fiancé, Prince Jungkook," you said, making him smile. "...but if you fall in love with someone else, don't hesitate to break off the engagement. I will back off" you added on. The prince laughs and shakes his head. "Just so you know, I don't plan to," he said.

———

Prince Jungkook smiles brightly seeing you talking to his sister, Princess Somi. The two of you ready spoke to his father and he was delighted to hear that you accept the proposal. Once you two get older, you will discuss the wedding. A woman with black hair walks behind him. "She looks beautiful" he heard her say. He turns his head and looks up at her. "I'm sure the two of you will live a happy life together" and the prince looks back at you to see you giggle.

"What do you want, Auntie?" Prince Jungkook asked. "I just wanted to see the girl who captured my nephew's heart" she smiles at him. "Now that you did, can you leave?" he asked and his aunt nodded. Once she walked a few steps back, one of the guards walked towards the prince. His aunt hid herself behind the wall.

"did you do what I asked?" Prince Jungkook whispered to the guard who nodded. "Good. Punish them. Either mentally or physically. I don't want my in-laws near my bride ever again" he tells the guard. The guard bows and walks off. Prince Jungkook smiles as he walks towards you and his sister. His aunt peeks out and sees her nephew kissing your forehead as her niece smiles brightly at them.

'you made it worse'

'you just had to go to Gwangju...'

'...where I was yet I'm here now. don't let them win again'