t w o

Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

You were sitting outside in the garden, drinking your cup of tea while reading a book. After the party, Duke Lee has been communicating with your soon-to-be stepmother and ignoring you yet you didn't care. You were more focused on the storyline.

"Lady (Y/N)!" Mary calls for you as she walks with an envelope. "What is it, Mary?" You asked her and she hands you the envelope. "It's a letter from the Royal Family" she answers as you opened it.

Dear Lady (Y/N),

It would a great honor for you to come to my royal tea party tomorrow. I have invited many other princesses and ladies to join us. Please consider coming. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

From, Princess Somi of Busan

'Right, the villainess attends the tea party to try to get closer to the prince which causes her to fall for him even more...'

"I have been inviting to a royal tea party from Princess Somi," You told Mary. Her eyes light up and she smiles. "Are you planning on going? I can start setting up dresses for you, Lady (Y/N)" Mary said.

'If I go then there's a chance I will see the prince. On the other hand, if I don't then it would look like I dislike the Princess for avoiding it. And if I pretend to be sick then people will come and visit'

"Yes, Mary. Please do that for me" you answered. "Of course" she bows and walks back inside happy. You have been invited to many tea parties but you have ignored them all and since it's from the Princess, it will be hard to.

———

"I am Lady (Y/N), daughter of Duke Lee" You curtsy at the Princess who was standing in front of you with her friends. "Thank you for coming, Lady (Y/N). Come and take a seat" Princess Somi smiles at you. You nodded and took a seat beside one of her friends.

"Shall we continue discussing?" Lady Sierra asks the Princess and she nodded.  You took a seat of your tea and then Lady Dani spoke. "Prince Jungkook is very handsome for his age. I wish he could be my fiancé" she said making you choke on your tea. Everyone looked at you and you cleared your voice. "What happened, Lady (Y/N)?" Lady Sierra asked.  "Oh, it's not. Please continue your talk" you said. "Well, my dear brother plans on finding his fiancé when he's older. He wants to marry the one he loves. Not an arranged marriage" Princess Somi answers.

"Aww. I wish my fiancé will be handsome and will love me" Lady Sierra says. "What about you, Lady (Y/N)? Do you plan on getting married?" Lady Dani asked you. "I don't plan to find a fiancé. I can take care of myself" You answered honestly.

"Oh my! The prince is coming" you turned around to see Prince Jungkook walking towards you with a guard. "What are you doing here, dear brother? I thought you were studying in your room" Princess Somi said as she glares at him. "Wouldn't it be rude to not greet our guests?" he said. "Thank you for coming to my little sister's party. I am very grateful" he bows towards the girls. Prince Jungkook's eyes landed on you who took a bite of a cookie. "There's no need to thank us. We're thankful that Princess Somi invited us" Lady Sierra said.

"Don't you think it's time for you to leave, dear brother?" The Princess asked as she continues glaring at Prince Jungkook. "I think I'll stay and join you ladies" he takes the empty seat next to you. Princess Somi didn't expect him to join because he usually doesn't like talking to other children. You avoided making contact with the prince and focus on the conversation that the young ladies started. "Are you planning to go to the academy?" Lady Dani asked them. "I'm not sure if my father would allow me" she answers.

"So are you now going to tell me your name?" Prince Jungkook asked you as he looks directly at your face. You took a deep breath in and turned towards him, smiling at him. "And why does the crowned prince want to know my name so badly?" you asked.

"I don't know. You seem fun to be around with" he answers with a shrug. "I already introduced myself to you so it would be fair to introduce yourself" he added on. "I didn't ask you to introduce yourself. Either way, I know who you are, Prince Jungkook" you answered.

"Oh, so you're allowed to know who I am and I'm not allowed to know who you are?" the prince said. You sighed and clenched your fist. You're so done with this prince. "Lady (Y/N), daughter of Lord Lee," you said which made him smile.

' Why didn't the villainess kill the prince instead? How on earth did she and the heroine even fall for this guy? He's so annoying'

"What are you thinking about?" Prince Jungkook asks as he twirls your hair with his fingers as he looks at your face. "Aren't you a bit too close, Prince Jungkook?" You asked as you glare at him. "Many girls would love to be in your place, Lady (Y/N)" he said with a smirk.

"Yeah, then they can have it" you replied. Prince Jungkook reaches for his cup of tea, 'accidentally' spills it onto your dress. "Oops! My bad" he said covering his smile with his hand. You bite your lip but then saw your cup of tea. "I guess we're both clumsy" You spill the tea on his shirt with a smirk on your face.

"I'm quite sorry, Princess Somi, but I'll be leaving a bit early" You curtsy at her as she looks at you and her brother. She notices that the two of you spill the tea on each other. "Oh it's fine, Lady (Y/N). I hope you can come to another tea party" she smiles at you.

"I will be delighted too" You smiled at her. You turned your heel and saw the prince glaring at you. You gave him a smirk before walking away from them.

'Avoiding him won't do anything. Probably make it worse. It's better if he hates me to keep the storyline on track' you said to yourself as you walked towards the entrance of the castle.

You smiled as you saw your carriage there, but before you took a step closer to the carriage, your mouth dropped open. A group of young children ran towards the carriage, destroying the wheels. "What do you think you're doing!?!" You asked as you walked towards them. They giggled and ran away from you.

You sighed and looked at the carriage. "Lady (Y/N), I'll find another carriage to take you back home, but it will take a few minutes," the coachman said and you nodded.

"It seems like you're stuck here" You turned around to see the Prince leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. "You might as well stay here with me-"

"I don't need a carriage. You can ride a horse, correct?" You asked the coachman, ignoring the presence of the prince. "Y-Yes, I do" he replies which made you smile. "Great then we can go on the horse instead" you clapped your hands.

"Have a wonderful day, your Highness" you smiled at him before hopping on the horse and going back home.

———

"Bravo, Lady (Y/N)! You're amazing" Mary claps as you wipe off the sweat from your face. You were outside, practice your sword skills. You decided it would be a good idea to learn how to duel with a sword just in case you need to fight with anyone. "Thank you, Mary" you smiled at her as she hands you water.

"You're growing up so fast. Just a few days ago, you went to your first tea party and now you're training to use a sword" Mary pretends to wipe her fake tears, making you giggle. "I'm still ten, Mary. I'm a child who still is growing" you smiled.

You picked up your wooden sword and was about to practice again until one of the other maids came running towards you two.

"Lady (Y/N), your father is speaking to Prince Jungkook about you"