t w e n t y - t h r e e

Chapter Twenty-Three:

Your eyes widened hearing the king's words. Before you could say anything, someone steps in and grabs your hand. "King Yoongi, this is the fiancé of Prince Jungkook. And as an ex-member of the school council and a friend of the prince, I must protect Lady (Y/N) from everyone who tries to ruin the prince's happiness" Lord Jimin said in a serious smile voice.

"Well, Lady (Y/N) did say that she didn't love the prince so what's the problem of her marrying me or Lord Taehyung?" King Yoongi asked. "If you want to start the war, then go ahead, Your Highness" You turned your head and saw Lady Jisoo walked towards the four of you.

"Ah, Lady Jisoo! It's great to see that you made it" he smiles at her yet she just rolled her eyes. "I'm not sure you know this King Yoongi, but Lady (Y/N) is the only person that Prince Jungkook will marry and if you or Lord Taehyung try to take her away, he will do anything in his power to have her back," Lady Jisoo said. "come with us, Lady (Y/N)" She looks at you.

You pulled your hand away from Jimin and bowed. "I'm sorry, Lady Jisoo and Lord Jimin but I can not go with you," you said. ' if I go with you, you'll just take me back with Prince Jungkook. and I can't go back...' you thought. Lord Jimin looks at Lady Jisoo, who sighs. "all alright, but don't forget my words, King Yoongi" she said before walking away with Lord Jimin.

King Yoongi looks back at you with a smirk. "so what do you say, Lady (Y/N)? Marry me or Taehyung?" he asked you. "What's your reason for asking me that? There has to be one" you replied. "well it just happens that I have the person Prince Jungkook cares the most in my hands" he circles you. "what do think would happen to him if he finds out that the woman he loves is marrying someone else," he said. That's when it hit you. He wants to see the prince depressed to crush him.

"I can't help you with that King Yoongi. I don't plan on getting married. Love is pointless" you answered, making him chuckle. "and who said I plan on loving you?" he asked. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. "I won't help you, but the reason isn't that I care for the stupid prince. I have my own problems to deal with and I don't need your help" you replied before walking out.

King Yoongi laughs right after you leave. "this is the woman you love, Lord Taehyung? your type sucks" he said making Taehyung scoff and roll his eyes. "shut up. I love her and that's all that matters. why on earth did you even say that? marry you or me, I thought you weren't interested in marriage as well?" Lord Taehyung said. "you clearly don't know me well then, Lord Taehyung. I'm so greedy" King Yoongi said.

"Greedy to see Prince Jungkook suffer..."

———

Lady Anne was smiling brightly, seeing the prince having fun. "Anne, look!" he smiles as he points at something funny. She giggles cause of his childish behavior. Anne hasn't seen him smile for a long time since he was always with you. "let's go and-" his eyes then landed on a dove that was flying towards him. Prince Jungkook opens his hand and the dove landed on his hand.

The prince opens the bag and saw the note. Lady Anne watches as Prince Jungkook's expression changed. His eyes darken and she could see his veins popping out as he crushes the paper. "P-Prince Jungkook..." Lady Anne calls him out. "what the hell is she doing in Daegu? and with him out of all people?" he asked himself and squeezes the paper.

"Anne, go back to the castle, I have to do something. Guards!" Prince Jungkook shouts and they walked. "Take Lady Anne back to the castle. Give me a horse. I need to go to Daegu, now" he said. "Your Highness, it's dark. you shouldn't-" the prince glares at the guards. They bowed and walked towards Lady Anne. "We should go, now Lady (Y/n)" one of the guards said, yet she stood there watching him drop the paper and hop onto a horse. He rides off with two guards following behind him.

She walks towards the paper and picks it. Anne opens the note and reads what it said. A tear dropped onto the note.

"why is it always her?"

~

you arrived back at Taehyung's place. the lights were all off. you walked into your room and took a seat on the bed. you were getting a bad feeling ever since Lady Jisoo and Lord Jimin said that they were told to protect you. just in case, you cast a spell to see where Prince Jungkook is.

Thankfully you did. You saw he was heading towards Daegu. They told him where you were. He was coming back to get you. Quickly, you un-cast your spell and turned around as the door opens. Taehyung walks inside and clears his throat. "I'm sorry what King Yoongi said. I don't know what's wrong with him. He normally doesn't act like that useless there is a good reason" He apologies.

"it's fine..." you replied. Taehyung takes a seat next to you and looks through the window. he smiles and says, "don't you think the moon looks beautiful tonight". you turned your head and stared at his face. your eyes widened when you saw tears rolling down his cheeks. "h-hey, why are crying" you asked as you wipe off his tears. he chuckles and laughs it off. "I'm fine" he smiles at you yet you know it's fake.

'it just hurts knowing that the person you love won't love you back'