Chapter 57

"I don't understand. So you are back with Leon? You were not divorced as what you said before? So what was that all about? What? You also almost killed him too???" Nora shot Viola with questions without pausing to breathe.

Viola and Nora were sitting inside a fast food restaurant. Dismissing Viola's advice to avoid junk food during her pregnancy, Nora had insisted they met there because it was near to her hotel in Bellfield. Viola agreed and ordered her a salad which Nora ate while grumbling.

"Yeah, we... sort of go back together." Viola slurped her drink. "Thanks to you."

"Come on!!" Nora slapped Viola's back but she was happy. "Ahhhh I envy you. I don't even have time to be lovey-dovey with Walter." She stroked her protruding belly happily.

"Eh?" Viola looked at Nora, unsure what she was talking about.

"What? Don't play dumb. Now that you have confessed to each other about your feelings, you guys must have done a lot of things, you know, what a proper couple, things husband and wife do??" Nora teased her.

"Actually, nothing has changed much." Viola recalled the past few days, a week after Sarah came to their house. "In fact, I haven't seen him much lately. He has been staying in the company a lot. He said he is busy."

Nora looked at her, bewildered. "WHAT??? What the hell???"

Viola quickly covered her mouth and put a finger in front of her lips. "Shhhh!!"

Nora stopped shouting, then clapped her hands together. "Right, he is busy with the Mir Islands Project thing, I guess."

Viola nodded. "Yeah. He said there may be a chance to continue the project but did not elaborate much."

Nora nodded her head a few times. "That's good to hear. Everything seems to be going well for you too. I'm glad."

"Thank you, Nora." Viola smiled. She glanced at her belly. "How is the little one?"

Nora grinned. "He is growing well. The doctor said he may pop out anytime soon."

"Can't wait to meet him." Viola was happy for her and Walter. A year ago she would have not been able to imagine her fiancé having a baby with another woman and her chatting happily with the said woman.

Nora smiled happily. She took Viola's hands into hers. "I will go back to Mir tomorrow."

"Are you sure??? You are heavily pregnant you know??"

Nora laughed. "Hah! Who do you think I am? There is nothing..." Suddenly Nora's face turned pale. "Ugh..."

Viola who was sitting beside her quickly saw something was wrong with Nora. "Nora? Are you alright? What happened?"

"The baby... I think the baby is... coming out..." Nora tried to explain.

"WHATTTTT???"

***

"Nora!" Walter came into the room where Nora was lying on the bed with their newborn baby.

"You are late, Walter. What took you so long??" Nora pouted.

"What? Do you think I can just teleport from Mir to here? I was just away for a day and you..." The new father looked tired. He had just taken two trips halfway around the world in less than 48 hours.

"Walter..." Viola who had been accompanying Nora since the day before tried to calm him down.

"Viola? Oh... you are here..." Walter was surprised to see her.

"Who do you think help me yesterday? I might have been lying dead in the hotel without anyone knowing. You only care about your work." Nora complained.

"Nora!"

"Calm down, you two... This is not the time." Viola stood in between the two. She turned to the sleeping baby. "You are disturbing the baby."

Walter fell silent. "I... I am sorry. Well... how are you feeling?" He felt awkward. He walked closer to Nora and looked at his newborn. "Can I... touch him?"

Nora sighed. "Of course you can. He is your son."

Viola got up and gave her seat next to the bed to Walter. Walter took the seat and watched the baby sleeping. He carefully touched his little arm with his finger. "He is so small..."

"Of course he is, silly."

Walter chuckled. He stretched himself and kissed the baby's mother. "Thank you, Nora. I'm sorry about just now. It must have been hard for you to be alone."

Nora's eyes were teary. "Viola was with me the whole time..."

"I know..." Walter wiped the tears from her face. "You were scared, weren't you?"

Nora punched his shoulder and hugged him while crying. "I was scared, you DUMMY!!!"

Walter laughed and stroked her hair. "I know. I'm sorry, okay? I'm here now. Don't worry."

Seeing the couple had made up, Viola decided to leave the room quietly.

"Are you done?" A familiar voice came from behind her as she closed the door.

"Leon...?" Viola was surprised to see him. "Why are you here?"

"You didn't come home last night and I heard you are in the hospital with that convicted governor's daughter... just in case..." He muttered. Leon still could not get over that case where Nora kidnapped her and she... attempted to kill herself that night, Viola thought. She moved closer to him and slid her arm around his.

"What?" Leon asked.

"Nothing. Thank you for coming. Aren't you busy?"

Leon pondered about what she said. "Well... there is that too..." He scratched his eyebrow. "Are the mother and baby alright?" He changed the subject.

"Yes! I still can't believe what happened yesterday though. Both of us just panicked." Viola beamed proudly.

Leon gently pulled his arm away and instead, he chose to hold her hand, interlocking their fingers – walking together towards the elevator at the end of the corridor.

"Good work." He said as they entered the elevator.

Viola felt awkward by his praise. "Well... that was the only thing..."

"Now it's your turn." Leon continued.

"For what?"

"It's your turn to give me babies." Leon said cheerfully. "I say we make three of them."

"What???"

The elevator door opened. "Let's go." Leon pulled her hand and both walked out.

Viola just stared at the floor as they walked. A good thing they were alone in the elevator just now for she did not want anyone to hear that embarrassing talk and see her looking red as a cooked crab.