Chapter 28

A/N:

Hello readers!
Some steamy content is coming up ahead. Just a warning ;)

Cleo's POV:

* * *

The rest of the break was spent picking up any shift I could. My guilt from my fight with Will still clung to me, and it left me working everyday until school started up again. I wanted to see Via again, but before I knew it, the week was coming to an end and school was starting on Monday.

"We should've at least met for New Years," Via told me over the phone the night before school. "It's bad luck not to kiss on midnight."

I was sketching out something that looked like rain and I stopped to smile. "I'll kiss you plenty when we get back."

"That doesn't change our bad luck."

"I'll kiss you enough to erase any bad luck, then."

"You're an idiot."

I had never been excited to go to school before, but when I walked through the doors the next morning, I couldn't wait to see Via. I just wanted to be near her.

A group of football boys- led by Andrew- sped down the hallway beside me, hollering out. I caught a glance of River leaned against a locker on their phone. Two of Via's friends were whispering to each other, books clung to their chests like their lives depended on it. One of the two I recognized as Cara. She had perfectly curled brown hair and her uniform was almost as spotless as Via's. We made eye contact and I gave her a small smile, which she returned with furrowed brows and immediately turned to her friend.

From the end of the hallway, Olivia came into view, laughing with Daniel. His arm was latched onto her shoulder as they talked excitedly. Via noticed me and waved discretely before directing her attention towards Daniel again. It wasn't anything big at all, but I felt instantly energized. I practically floated to my first class of the day.

* * *

Lunch came along quickly, and I headed straight for the cafeteria where Olivia was already seated, Daniel at her side and the other two girls in front of her. I took in a breath and approached the table.

"Hey, Via," I said, pulling her eyes away from Daniel and onto me. "We still on for tutoring after school?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah, that sounds... fine," she said in one hurried breath, like it was all one word.

She's awful at playing it cool.

"Okay cool. I've been having trouble with- uh, DNA and RNA structure lately, so... you're honestly a lifesaver," I said, then added on- "Really. You deserve a trophy."

I watched her smile, then snap into realization at the code word.

"Oh, for sure," she said. "Thanks."

I waved goodbye to the group as I made my way to the bathroom. After a few minutes, I heard the door open and shut. Leaning downwards to peer beneath the stall, I saw Olivia's white sneakers walking in hesitantly.

"Cleo?" she whispered.

I unlocked the stall door and swung it open. "Hey."

Via smiled and kissed me quickly.

"Daniel seemed weirded out when I left," she said as she pulled away. "Do you think he-"

"Relax. He couldn't know. We're fine."

She nodded, playing with my hair. "So, the code word works?"

"Yeah," I said. "It works. Let's make this quick though, yeah?"

She kissed me hard and tugged me into the nearest bathroom stall. She quickly latched her lips to mine, desperate for contact.  I cupped her face in my hands, pushing her against the bathroom wall. She landed against it with a small grunt, separating her lips from mine.

"You're okay?" I whispered.

She nodded eagerly, kissing me again. She tugged at my hair as she pulled me in closer. A groan escaped her lips once I pinned her tighter against the tile. I hastily kissed the girl, tugging at her shirt slightly. With a quick nod, her uniform top was unbuttoned just a bit and my lips we pressed down her neck. Olivia shut her eyes and tilted her head up, biting her bottom lip to soften a moan as I made my way down her shoulders and onto her chest. My lips trailed down her torso, sucking in a few spots. An evident hickey on her collarbone from the ski trip still remained so I breathlessly marked lower. Her hand latched itself to the back of my head as I left reddish blemishes across the girl's chest, her low moaning intensifying with each tainted bruise drawn on her skin.

I met her lips again after a moment, her bottom lip bruised from biting it too hard. Her chest rose and fell heavily as she continued to kiss me, only getting more vigorous and needy. I smiled against her lips, happy I could get a reaction out of her before she slowed down for a moment, letting her tongue brush against my bottom lip just enough to tease me. I winced in annoyance and neediness as I pushed her harder against the wall and swirled my tongue around hers. I was desperate for more as she my hand trailed up her thigh to cup her ass. She pulled on the collar of my shirt, tugging me impossibly closer.

"Fuck Cleo," she moaned into my mouth.

I melted at the sound of my name from her lips, the eagerness sending vibrations through my stomach. I latched my lips to her jawline, kissing upwards and biting softly on her ear lobe. A groan fled her mouth before she pulled me up to look at her.

"I've... I've gotta get back out there," she muttered through deep breathes.

"I know," I mumbled, kissing her one last time before helping to button her shirt again. I couldn't peel my eyes from the marks I left across her skin. We stepped out of the stall after fixing her appearance. She looked less disheveled now, despite her pink blushing cheeks which were far beyond repair.

"See you in bio, Via," I hummed as I watched her leave through the bathroom door.

* * *