chapter 28

Alex's POV

"You need to find the money Dane. The boss is loosing his patience." The muscular man with tattoos all over his body, that is standing if front of me with two of his friends said to me.

"I lost my job. I am trying to find another one. If I had the money I would give them to you guys I promise." I said trying to convince him to give me more time.

So basically I borrowed some money from a bad and powerful person and now his boys are here to take them back.

I know it wasn't a smart move but... It was the only choice. This or Sargent Dexter and I promised Sara I won't go this time.

"Look we can find another way for you to pay us. You know boss wants you in the gang for a while now. You should think about it..."

Before I could say anything more I heard a voice from across the road.

"Mom!?" I turned my head to look at Lia.

"Wait there honey. I am coming." I said to her before she crossed the road. I don't want her near them.

The dude in front of me leaned closer to me and whispered. "On the other hand, we could take her! She is a beautiful girl. And so innocent... We can change that!" No! I can't let that happen. I am suppose to protect my family not put them in danger.

"No, I am going to give you the money and you stay away from my family. I don't care who you are or who you work for, you come near my family and I will kill you. There is a reason your boss wants me in his gang and is because I CAN kill you. So don't give me a reason to." I said and left him there.

"Mom who are these people?" Lia asked worriedly.

"Some old friends princess, nothing to worry about." I said kissing her forehead as we walked towards our home.

"They look dangerous. Please be careful mom." She said.

This comment made me chuckle. "Don't worry princess, I can take care of myself. You need to be careful with the people that you choose to be near you. For example, that Helena girl... I don't like her." I said placing my hand protectively over her shoulder

"Mom the weird thing would be if you did like her. You don't like anyone who is even looking at me." She said. Well it's true. She is my princesses what do you expect me to do?

"Honey, you know I love you very much. So promise me, if she does something bad you are going to tell mom and then I will deal with her. Ok?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"Ok mom. Now let's get in. I am hungry. " she said and we went inside.

"Baby, we are home." I yelled at my wife.

She came to the front door to greet us. Its been two weeks since she left the hospital and she is getting stronger and stronger.

Even though she is still a little mad at me and for good reason, we make sure not to show it in front of our kids. After all of the things we have  been through as a family,  I don't want them to worry about our relationship too.

She hugged our daughter and kissed her forehead.

"That is a good timing. I just finished cooking. Let's eat. She said pulling lia towards the kitchen.

She didn't even looked at me.

"Where is Taylor?" I asked as I followed them.

"She asked if she could have dinner with Emma today so they went out. She will be back soon though. " Summer answered me.

I nodded my head.

I need to find a way to get that money. I can't find a job anywhere. What if I don't find the money  and they try to take my princesses or my wife?

I can't let that happen!

A sudden push on my shoulder interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to saw Summer.

"Where you thinking about her again?" She asked with a calm voice but I could see the hurt behind it. I looked around and Lia wasn't here anymore.

"What? No baby I promise I wasn't. Its just some stuff with work." I said and she nodded her head. I pulled her towards me making her sit on my lap. "Will you stop being mad at me? It was a stupid mistake. It doesn't mean I don't love you." I said kissing her exposed shoulder.

"No, but it means that you love her. Don't you?" She said with a bit  of sadness in her voice.

What am I supposed to say? I can't lie to my wife...

"I do love her. I love you both and I am trying to get over her but it's not that easy. That doesn't mean that I don't love you though. Because I do. I love you with everything I have and that will never change. I can assure you about it." I said and kissed her.

"I love you too." She said kissing me back. Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person in the world even though I don't have any money and there is a gang after me. All because of her.

"I am going to bed. I am a little tired. Taylor will be here any minute. She sounded odd on the phone. Please talk to her." She said kissing my cheek and leaving me alone in the kitchen.

What was that about Taylor? Is something wrong with her and Emma? Please just don't let Emma be pregnant. I can neither afford nor handle a baby right now and I am sure Taylor can't either.

Not five minutes later Taylor got in. "Hey mom." She said with sadness in her voice.

"Hey. What's wrong baby?" I asked her. She looked at me for a second and then at the floor.

"It's nothing." She said and was about to leave before I stopped her.

"Well, if it bothers you its something. You know you can tell me everything."I said as we sat on the table.

"Its just teenager's stuff. You have more important things to deal with." She said shaking her head.

"Taylor, nothing is more important than my family's health and happiness. So tell me what made you sad, please. You know I don't want to pressure you but maybe I can help." I said grabbing her hand.

"Well, it's the annual school trip for seniors. Emma asked me if I was going but I know we can't afford that right now. I just feel a little left out. But it's ok. I will be fine." She said shaking it of.

"No, it is not ok. We are talking about your last trip as a student. I promised you  that you would go there. You should have told me about this. You deserve to go. You deserve to be a kid." I said leaning back on my chair.

"But mom now that mama woke up, with all the doctors and stuff we don't have the money for this. It is not important."

Of course it is important. She was waiting for this trip for years. Life took them enough already. I will do anything I can so they will be happy from now on.

"I said you are going. And this is final. Let  me worry about the money."

Author's note

Two more chapters.

Any guesses for the finale?