chapter 8

Alex's POV

I woke up with my girls in the bed with me. We decided to sleep all together in my room last night.

I kissed my daughters' foreheads and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Today is Taylor's first game for the season and she is really excited. I am really happy that she is doing what she likes and I am even more happy that we like the same sport. Soccer means a lot to me but I would never make her or Lia do something they don't want to.

After Summer gave birth to Taylor she was so mad that she didn't look like her. Not even a little bit. She was always saying "I carried her in me for nine months and she has the audacity to look exactly like you". Imagine her reaction when we realized Taylor likes soccer. I still remember her face. "Soccer always steals my girls." Although she didn't admit it, I now she was a little jealous.

But then Lia came and she was so proud that she made a copy of herself. She would tease me about it but I was more happy than her to have a little Summer running around the house.

I was smiling like an idiot when Lia came in the kitchen.

"What got you smiling this early in the morning?" She answered and took a plate and some pancakes to eat.

"Nothing, I am just happy to have you" I said and finished with the stove. I sat in front of her in the table. "How are you?" I asked a little concerned.

"I told you a thousand times since last night. I am fine, he didn't do anything. I just got a little scared" she said looking down.

"Its ok to be scared sometimes. But I want you to know that I will always be there for you. Whatever it is, I am always here!" I said grabbing her hand.

She nod and continued eating. After a while Taylor entered the kitchen and we were eating and laughing until there was a knock on the door.

I got up to open the door to see her in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked but she just pushed me away and enter the kitchen

"Lia! Lia honey how are you? Are you ok? Do you want something?" She said hugging Lia.

"I am fine aunty! Mom saved me." My daughter answered.

Sara turned to me and came closer. "What. Where. You. Doing? Not. Paying. Attention. To. My. Little. Girl?" With every word she hit my arm.

"Ouch! First of all she is MY little girl and second of all Ishe just said i was there to help her!"

"My girl!" She completely ignored me and now was hugging Lia again.

"She is all yours. I am going to get ready." I said to my daughters who were now laughing at their aunt and I's friendship.

When I finally found something good to wear and was about to put my shirt on Sara walk in. "Do you know how to knock?" I asked her.

"Yeah, you are not my type so don't..." she stopped talking and look at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked

"Bitch! Who is she?" She asked smirking at me.

"Who is who?" I was confused

"The woman who sucked you like a lollipop. You are full of hickeys!"

I turned around to look myself in the mirror "Shit Silvia" I cursed under my breath but she heard it.

"Who is Silvia and why haven't I heard of her yet? I am your best friend."

"You also are my wife's sister. And you don't now about her because nothing happened." She gave me a 'don't lie to me bitch ' look making me roll my eyes "We just made out a little bit but nothing more. I am married."

"Alex, Summer is not waking up. We both know that. You have to move on. You are too young to be alone forever."

"You don't know that. She might wake up. What am I going to say then? 'Ohh... hey Summer, remember when we vowed to be loyal and there for each other in sickness and health? Well that's my girlfriend!' She is going to kill me and she will have every right to do so."

"Well, I don't tell you to find a girlfriend. At least have sex. Find a person to be friends with benefits or something." She said

"I also have two daughters. I have to be a good role model for them. I can't just fuck around." I said.

"Alex, the kids are old enough to understand. It's hard being alone, and as much it pains me to say it, Summer is not coming back."

I don't like this conversation. Summer is the love of my life. I can't just loose her. It's not fair.

"We have to go. Taylor has to be at the school in the next twenty minutes." I said and left the room. She shook her head in disappointment and came with me.

~ ~ ~ ~

The game was good. The kids played great and won the game 2-1. Which would be great if their coach wasn't an asshole that treats them like garbage.

I am a trained coach. I know some things about coaching and let me tell you he is not good. He isn't treating his students equally. He destroys their confidence. Thank God he didn't say anything bad to Taylor because I would have make a scene.

I was standing with Lia now waiting for Taylor to get ready when the principal approached me.

"Mrs Dane, it's nice to see you. I actually wanted to talk to you." She said shaking my hand.

"Good to see you to Mrs Adams. Is everything alright? Did Taylor got hurt?" I asked and started panicking with the idea of my daughter being hurt.

She touched my arm to calm me down. "Taylor is fine. I want to talk to you about a job offer." She paused.

"Lia, could you please give us a moment? I will be right here." My daughter nod and left my side to talk with some kids. I am guessing her classmates and I see some of her friends there too. I turn to the principal in front of me. "We talked about this before. I don't have the time to coach the team and I can't quit either of my jods. You know I want to help the team and my daughter but, I really can't."

"I know that Alex, this is why I am offering you a teacher's position in the school. You will be the gym teacher. This will give you the time you need to coach and the money you need for your family." She said with a big smile

"Really? Mary thank you so much. You know how much I want this job." Mary and I went to school together. She was actually one of Summer's best friends. This is why we are on a first name basis.

"Now will you come with me to tell the kids?" She asked with a smile.

"Just give me a moment" I said and went to find Lia. She came with me and we all made our way to find the team.

When we found them Taylor looked at me with a weird expression. I winked at her making her raise her eyebrow. Then Mary started to talk.

"Good job team. This was a great game. But I have some unfortunate news. Coach Mike won't be able to continue teaching in our school."

The kids got nervous and started whispering things to each other like 'who will coach us now?' and 'he was an asshole anyway'.

"But you don't have to worry. We already found a new gym teacher that is willing to coach our team. I am sure we will do great things as a team with this coach." Mary continued and I saw Taylor's wide eyes looking at me. I smiled at her. "This is coach Dane! I am sure some of you already now her as Taylor's mother. She will be in charge for now on."