Chapter 4

I head down the crowded hallway teeming with kids jumping around and talking about nonsense that they'll probably forget in about 5 minutes. It took me a while to find where his class was because the halls were so full. So by the time I got there, there was almost nobody in the hallways.

I took a sigh and looked through the small window into his class room but I didn't see him. I knocked a couple times but nobody came to the door. So I just opened it.

" Dr. Reid?" I say out loud before actually entering the classroom. Still no answer.

I walk in and start looking for my book. It was an original copy of Imposter. It sounds weird but honestly is one of the best books I've ever read.

"Looking for something?" Dr.Reid's husky voice fills my ears. He is so close to me that I could feel his breath on my neck when he talked, making butterflies swirl in my stomach.

He's standing all to close behind me which I love.

No Eve. Stop this. This is wrong.

I take a step forward so that I'm away from him. He's my teacher and he's not supposed to be that close to me. I'm his student and he's my teacher. That's all we'll ever be.

I spot my book and bend down to pick it up. Shit. My skirt is really short. And I'm wearing a white lacy thong. I realized how stupid and desperate I must have seemed for bending down in this skirt. I knew my ass was showing a bit but I couldn't stop now so I just popped up quickly hoping he didn't see anything.

I heard Dr.Reid's feet shift and I acted like nothing happened.

" Imposter huh? I read that book a couple years ago. It's pretty good." Dr. Reid comments and I turn to him.

"Oh yeah it's pretty good so far I'm almost done reading it. I uh have to go, my friends are waiting for me, " I reply trying to sound polite, "Bye Dr. Reid."

"Bye Eve." He replies and goes to sit down at his desk. He pulls out some papers and start writing on them or grading them I couldn't really tell.

I begin to walk out of the class room and he stops me.

"Hey Eve?" Dr. Reid calls out to me without looking up from his papers.

" Yeah?" I was almost out the door but I turned my head to face him.

" Tomorrow I better not see you in a skirt that short." He said firmly and in more of a demanding tone, which sends chills up my spine.

" We'll see." I said and before he could respond I hurried out of the class door.

• • •
We walked to Lunas house which was only like a 10 minute walk and we laughed the whole way there. According to Kia's text, him and Lucas were gonna get there later. Her neighborhood was full of obviously rich people houses and each house had a wrap around flower bed. The sidewalks looked brand new and when we actually got to her house it was probably the most beautiful one on the whole block. When Luna said "her dads shed" I was thinking about a old beat up shed with fold up tables and chairs in there or something but I wouldn't have imagined this.

Her house had white and brownish bricks and it was two story. It had a balcony off the side of her house and her front door was bright red. She also had some rocking chairs in the front by some more flowers. We walked into her house and went upstairs to her room. It was white with peach pink decor hanging on her walls. She had a fuzzy pink rug on the ground and some candles on her windowsill. Her bed was made perfectly with a couple stuffed animals and a gray and pink comforter lying over it.

" Wow! Your room is really nice." I say in amazement.

" Thanks Eve." Luna smiles.

" We don't go to the back shed until the guys get here because my dad doesn't really like them in the house." Luna says while kicking off her shoes.