My not so loving mother

Lucy's pov :

Dad was asking a lot questions... a little to much. I faked sleeping until I was sure he was asleep. It was around 5am when I grabbed my chance. Father was coming a bit to close to find out why I have headaches. We wouldn't want that now would we. I first wanted to leave at 3am but I heard Ralph come in and walking towards my temporary room. So I waited till 5. I just hope that dad doesn't say anything about my headaches and failing legs to Ralph. He knows that I get them when my not so loving mother is close.

I silently made my way out the couch. I quickly but in silence made my way to fathers bedroom to get my phone. I grabbed it of his nightstand and walked out of the room again. On my way to the elevator my legs gave up multiple times, lucky for my I could always just hold onto something. I pushed the button of the elevator and it went from the ground floor to this floor. Standing there waiting felt like ages. When it had finally arrived at the right floor the doors opened what made a lot noice. Once I was inside the doors closed again. It was this sound that was the loudest. Bloody hell. Father is going to wake up every second.

The elevator arrived at the ground floor and I walked out. I was now standing on the streets and had no idea where I would go. Maybe my apartment? Or Mell and An? Hmm.

I was about to put my hand out to signal a taxi when I heard the elevator doors open again. 'Lucy! Are you here?' I heard father say. I quickly ren around the corner of Lux, trying not to fall again. My heart was beating fast when he past by the corner in his car. Thank granddad that he didn't see me.

*****

I had finally arrived at my apartment. I sighed as I laid down on my own bed. I laid there for about 30 minutes, in pain, staring at the ceiling. I was starting to get used to my headache. It still hurt very bad, but the pain felt less as it did in the beginning.

I stood up and went to my closet to take an other outfit on.

Outfit Lucy :

I straightened my dress, took a purse and went outside

I straightened my dress, took a purse and went outside. On my way to a coffee bar, I almost fell around seven times. It was 7:30 when I arrived. I walked inside and placed an order. There weren't a lot people sitting in here. Only 2 other people.

'Thank you.' I said as the barista placed my cup espresso in front of me.

Half an hour later I finished my coffee and walked out of the bar. It was still dark outside. My headache got a little worse again as I was walking to my apartment. My legs were luckily still working perfectly... Or not. I almost fell forward but two hands grabbed me around my waist and pulled me up again. I hope it is not father. 'Thank you.' I said while looking behind me to see who saved me from a situation that could be extremely awkward. It was Nick...  Bloody hell.

'Lucy?' He said shocked. For a second I thought that he was following me.

'Hi.' I said back with a fake smile. I swear to grandpa if this bloody headache isn't going to stop soon.