|Eight: Myth|

When Sam's eyes finally fluttered open, he was shocked to find himself in an unknown place. Memories of him feeling faint flashed in his mind, but after that there was nothing but darkness if he tried to remember what happened.

The room was small, but full of little trinkets and decorations that just seemed odd. On one wall was a set of wooden shelves, all with glass bottles capped with corks filled with colourful liquids that could have been anything. And Sam would have been able to figure it out had their labels not been in a completely different language. Next to that was a closed wooden door. On the desk opposite the bed he had come to realize he was lying across, was what looked like a crystal ball from some fantasy film. Had a crazy witch lady kidnapped him? Was he still dreaming?

As he slowly sat up, he felt a sharp pain in his back. It felt as if something was weighing him down, so he reached behind him to figure out if there was anything there. And he audibly gasped as feathers tickled his fingertips. Quickly he stood to his feet, immediately off balance. His hand reached for the closest thing to lean on, which was the shelf by the bed, and he watched everything shatter to the ground after he grasped the wood for support.

In the other room, the wizard who owned this cluttered lair heard the sound of clattering and crashing. He winced at the thought of his potions and possessions being knocked off their respective shelves. It took a lot of organisation to keep a place like this tidy. Arguably, it wasn't tidy, but it was organised chaos. However thanks to Sam, it was now just chaos.

His lair had three rooms. It had a bedroom, where Sam had stayed the previous night, a very small bathroom and a reading room.

As he exited the reading room, he wasn't surprised to see how panicked Sam was. He was yanking the locked doorknob trying to escape, but there was no way he was letting an angel who just got their wings go out into the city alone. Especially since it was only three am, and still Halloween night. It would be busier than ever out there.

If his father was here, it would be easier to explain. However since it was the Harvest Vampire Ball, he had to protect mortals from the many vampires that were hunting that night. Nobody was prepared for this, especially not Sam.

"Who the fuck are you? Stay away from me!" Sam yelled out in fear as Marcus stepped into the bedroom. Unfortunately, his possessions had been knocked off the shelf due to the large, feathered wings on the angel's back. Since he was in the magic realm, he was glowing brightly for the first time since transitioning to his angelic form. However the use of profanity took away an element of grace that more established angels possessed.

"Samuel, I'm going to need you to calm down. If you panic you could end up-"

Before he could finish speaking, Sam's wings began to flap uncontrollably, causing him to fly into the air and bash his head against the ceiling. Immediately he crashed back down to the hard ground, landing next to the previously smashed bottles of potions and other small trinkets the wizard had collected over the years.

"Yeah that," Marcus finished.

"Fuck that hurt," Sam muttered, rubbing his head to try and soothe the pain.

"To answer your earlier question, I'm Marcus, a friend of your father. Unfortunately he cannot be here at this very moment due to his work, which is a priority," Marcus explained, tidying the mess from the floor with a wave of his hand. Watching in awe, the young angel gulped and attempted to sit on the bed, only to find himself unable to due to whatever was attached to his back.

"What do you mean? My dad owns a cafe, I'm pretty sure I come before that. And what the fuck is on my back that won't allow me to sit down?" Sam griped. What could be so important at work for his dad to leave him alone in a stranger's house?