20 | MEETING A GRAMMAR POLICE

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

"Well, for a town like ours, they definitely went all out for the event," Nick says, nodding his head in approval. 

Adi says, excitedly, "I have never been to any fest and I assumed it to be boring but this is so good."

I say to him, "This is like a carnival but with a competition."

I am not wrong. 

It is like a carnival with stalls all around the main garden of the Town Community Hall. It has been decorated with vintage décor with a slow hum of a retro song playing in the background.

As far as Nick told me moments ago, the dance competition will start after some time. 

In the literal middle of nowhere in this place, near the loud stalls, no one can find anything they want. All I find are some fucking overly sweet snacks and a fucking load of people. 

Definitely not what I want or what I want to be in.

"She is in the green room."

I turn towards Michael Dunn, realizing that Adi and Nick have gone somewhere without us.

Michael and I have had a few interactions in the past. I don't know much about him but the fact that Bella went on a date for him tells me that Bella and he have a good understanding. 

He has his hands inside the pockets of his jacket as he looks around the carnival before looking back at me.

"You said something?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows.

He shrugs. "She is in the green room."

"And who do you mean by she?"

"Oh," He smiles. "I didn't know we are playing pretend." 

What the actual fuck?

"Are you trying to be mysterious?" I say to him. "Don't because you are not."

He looks at me, laughing. "Iris is right by calling you stupid but she needs to know that you are dumb too."

"I was not searching for Bella," I tell him, looking away from him.

"Sure, okay," He says back, swinging on his feet. "I would definitely not tell you that she was looking for you too."

I let out a breath and say, "Do not do an Adi, Michael."

"Okay," He replies, laughing. He turns towards me and smiles. "By the way, it is Mike for my friends."

I nod, unsurely, at him before looking away from him.

Nick and Aditya are now fighting over what flavor of cotton candy is the best—cazzo, how immature.

"Immature," Michael scoffs.

"Exactly."

"Of course, the classic one is the best," he adds and I look away, frustrated. "You know your favorite cuisine can tell a lot about you."

"Michael, if you are trying to have a conversation, do not do it."

He sighs and turns fully towards me. I look at him and he says, "I know you like to keep it to yourself and don't really like socializing—"