Chapter 22- Paranoid

PICTURE IN CORNER IS THE PACK HOUSE AT NIGHT (FORGOT TO SHOW EARLIER)

Chapter 22- Paranoid

It's been a week since Christopher was hiding from the rouge. In that week my shoulder has fully healed but also in that week Christopher has been to scared to leave my side. He's been having nightmares and hes told me and Blake that he's heard howls by his window every few nights. On those days when hes told us that we've checked and every time we find the ashy scent that belongs to no other than rouges. Our paranoia has peaked a whole new level and we are trying to be prepared for whats to come. We made our security heightened in hopes of protecting Christopher and keeping them away. When we heightened our security we also had our fighters training more heavily to with stand anything that could come in our way. I don't know why they want Christopher but I will not let them.

Right now the pack was in the living room waiting for Blake's announcement. Once Blake comes in the pack meeting starts.

"Many might of notice the increase of our security. Also you might of noticed among with the new members that we received after the war, a little boy whose parents were killed joined us too. He's taken a liking in Haylee and Haylee thinks of him as a son."

A lot of awes and curious looks were starting to form by Blake's vague speech so far. He ignored them and continued on.

"A couple days ago he went to us and told us that he heard howling in the middle of the night outside his window. He said its been happening for a week and a half and it was starting to scare him. When we went outside we found the scent of rouges around his window and we have the concern of them trying to take Christopher from us. We have no idea why but we will not stand for it!"

Growls went across the room at the thought of the rouges trying to take Christopher and I soon found myself smiling at the thought of them caring so much, it warmed my heart at the love that was shown. Breaking myself from my thoughts I listened to Blake once again.

"We want people willing to help protect him to train daily with given breaks. Security has been heightened. That is all until further notice."

And with that he walked off. After he walked off we made our way to the kitchen and ate the food that was prepared by the pack cooks. Many conversations were going on but I mostly decide to just stick to eating silently. I only conversed when they were directed at me and little times otherwise. After we ate I dismissed myself to my room to take a shower before I tucked Christopher in and headed to bed.

It was a couple hours later that I was jumped on by a crying Christopher crawling in the bed. Tears were streaming down his face and he could barely talk. I hugged him to my body , rocking him back and forth while whispering in his ear. Soon after the crying stopped sleep whisked him away. Not long after the same happened to me.

I was awoken in the middle of the night along with Christopher by yelling and orders being thrown left and right. Foot steps were heard and soon the door was opened with a frustrated Blake entering.

"There's been an attack by Rouges in the south part of the territory. Stay here with Christopher. The pack and I are going to check it out."

Then he left. Me and Christopher stayed in the room, me rocking him back and forth.

10 minutes later I smelt it.

Ash. The smell that haunted my thoughts since the battle.

"Shhh" I whispered to Christopher and I slowly slid him behind me. Checking the hall I could see that it was clear. For now.

I quickly looked around the closet and in the drawers trying to find something that could be used as a weapon.

Running around only seemed to make Christopher more scared than he was so I went with the only thing left to do.

I ushered him under the bed while I hid behind the door with a letter opener.

I didn't expect them to know I was there so when the door opened I lunged only to be pulled back. My back hit a hard chest and I struggled as the other man went searching through the room.

First the closet.

He found nothing.

Then the bed.

And thats when I panicked only to have a rag place across my face.

I regretted it immediately knowing that they had surely found him. The last thing I saw was Christopher being pulled out from under the bed a teary mess.

Then I was met with darkness.

A/N

Im soo sorry. I completely forgot to update with the new semester in school and new classes that I constantly have homework in. This is not my valentines day chapter obviously. It would be a horrible one. Im going to keep writing and hopefully not be side tracked. Sorry bout not updating in a MONTH! Crazy ik.

~Stephanie