Chapter 16: I'm full of you

Carlos POV

For the last three days, I purposely asked Cupcake to stay at home giving her a chance to rest due to her condition. She doesn't have the pain anymore but I want her to have enough rest. She always waits for me to return from work with dinner ready. I can't describe the feeling but it was somehow what I anticipated every time leaving the office.

"Cupcake, miss me?" I asked her once the line was connected.

"Hmm, not really." I smiled at that. As always, the answer that I used to hear.

"How are you today?"

"I'm good, you just met me this morning." She said over the line.

"Yeah, I know but I just want to know if you are fine," I said, straight to the point.

"Don't worry about me. I'm an adult. I know how to take care of myself. Why did you call me?"

"I will be late tonight. I need to attend an urgent meeting. Don't wait for me for dinner, okay? You will be fine there alone?" I was a bit worried about her. Since she stayed with me, I never left her alone at night. Even when I meet my friends, I will always bring her along. Well, friends mean my three amigos.

"Carlos, have anyone tell you before that you act like an old man? You keep nagging non-stop." I knew she was joking.

"You still like this old man, anyway." I retorted.

"I didn't say so."

"You don't have to say it loud, Cupcake. I can see it from your action."

"You are so full of yourself."

"I'm full of you." I teased her.

"Uhhh, so cliché." She mocked over the line which caused me to laugh.

"Alright, I need to go now. See you at home later. Don't forget to miss me." I chuckled, imagine her rolling her eyes.

"What did you say? I can't hear you. Hello, hello, sorry the line is bad. I will hang up for now. Bye, grumpy boss." Sometimes, she really acts like a child.

Cassandra POV

I pressed on Scarlet's name from my contact list and wait for the line to be connected.

"Hey, babe!" I screamed on the phone once she answered it.

"You will make me lost my hearing, soon." She pretended to be angry over the line, such a drama queen. I laughed at her statement.

"How are you over there? Why you didn't call me last week?" We always called each other at least once per week. We promised that we will keep in touch and update everything that going on in our life so both of us don't miss out on anything. It's like a weekly report to the boss.

"I'm fine. I'm waiting for your call. How about your period pain, babe?" I found it odd as I didn't tell her yet about that.

"How do you know about that?"

"Carlos, he called me on the day you were having your period pain." Her words surprised me.

"What? He called you? Why did he call you?"

"He asked what he should do at that moment-"

"So you told him that he needs to warm my stomach with his palm?" I cut her off.

"Yeah, wait, did he really do that?" I keep silent for a while, talking about that moment and now I'm blushed.

"Surprisingly, he did," I answered honestly.

"I can't believe this. He is not bad, babe. He really cares about you and you are lucky to have him. Any progress in your relationship?" I could imagine she questioned me while wiggling her brows.

"What relationship? We are not in any relationship. He is my boss, Scarlet." I reminded her, in case she forgot.

"Really?" She sighed, acting disappointed with the news. "Don't hide it away from me if there is any progress in your relationship. Make sure to update me first. I want to be the first one to know about it." She teased.

"Enough talking about me, now back to you. How is your progress with your secret admire, Raymond?" I giggled. I know she doesn't like that guy and she just treats him as a friend.

"Sorry to let you down but there won't be any progress between us." She said, saturated her words with sarcasm.

"Maybe you can try and who knows he will be the one who makes you wear the wedding dress," I said jokingly and laughed afterward.

"I don't want to waste my time on that and not going to happen with him, babe."

"Ok, noted." I chuckled. "By the way, how is the cafe? Everything is good?"

"Yeah, just like usual. I'm planning to hire one more worker to help me at the cafe."

"It sounds good and how about your morning's habit?" Her sighing voice penetrated my ears and judging from that it means nothing changed with that habit. Old habit dies hard, as people claimed.

"It's getting worse when you are not around, babe. Luckily, Michael always helps me to open the cafe in the morning."

"Change your lifestyle, babe. Try some exercise or eat something healthy, maybe it will help you to wake up early."

"Oh no, you know me, babe. Don't ask me to get sweat. That's the last thing in my life that I will do."

"You know what, I pray that you will get a boyfriend that loves to work out and he will force you to go sweat with him." I teased her.

"Please, if I found someone that loves to work out and live in sweat I will reject him in the first place." She retorted.

"You know, God always full of surprises and who knows what will happen in the future."

"Aw, since when you become so mature, babe? Did your grumpy boss teach you about this?"

"Yes, indeed. He is the old man that keeps nagging at me all the time." Well, I'm not really complaining.

"He is the perfect person that suits you." I heard she laughed with her own remark.

"I don't mind. I'm not going to stay with him for a long time here."

"Are you sure about that? You never knew what surprise that God prepared for you. Maybe it is him." She copied my point.

"Good that you are a fast learner." We laughed in unison.

"Babe, I need to go. My phone is on low battery. It will off soon." I heard the warning tone from the phone.

"Okay, let's talk again next time."

"Sure. Bye, babe. Love ya."

"Love you too. Take care."

The line was cut off after that and my phone was shut down due to the battery empty. I moved from the couch and plan to charge my phone in the room but suddenly I was surrounded by darkness.

Damn, blackout!

I stood there, can't move even an inch.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤