Chapter 3: Hey There Kent

Peace

Peace is all anyone ever wants. But we're greedy for power. We'd do anything to attain it. So we'd do anything to destroy peace if it means attaining that power.

As the team celebrated the victory of the fall of Stephen Wolf. I stood aside and slowly slipped away in the shadows and as I made my way back home I watched a family reunite. I watched them share their family bond with much relief.

And I suddenly... Yearned... I yearned love... I yearned my own family. But was it possible to feel love when you do not even know what love is? Perhaps Amora was right, perhaps it was time for me to forget the past, live in the present and wait for the future.

I looked at the horizon, watching the sun rise up. Calmness washes over me as I feel a new day rise. A new beginning. A new me...

***
One year later...

"Adiya, control your damn child!" I yelled looking at all the scattered toys laying around my house. I tripped on two plush stuffed animals. There were rubber animals and toys in my hot tub.

Adiya welcomed a baby boy into our family five months ago. He just started crawling, cute, chubby little bugger. But a hell of a mission. Cade Derek Hordes.

"Maybe if you show a little affection to my little angel you'll start appreciating his little traits. Isn't that right dear? Who's my little angel?" Adiya says bouncing her baby in her arms, cooing at him as he gurgles and chews on her shirt.

I cringed, "Yeah... A real angel."

Amora stepped into the room and squealed seeing the child making me shut my eyes tight as the poor little soul began crying at the loud sound.

"Amora, I told you not to do that." Adiya whined, Cade began shrieking and squealing in his mother's arms and it was giving me a damn headache.

"Amora I'm going to kill you!" I screamed and wrapped my hands around her neck. She squealed in shock and suddenly Cade stopped crying. We all froze and looked at him, he was smiling widely holding his arms out to me.

I frowned in confusion, "What does he want now?" I asked.

Adiya beamed, "He wants you Elora. Take him." I let go of Amora and scowled.

"No, we agreed that I would not hold any child." I said, Cade began crying again and everyone groaned.

"Fine! Give the devil here." I commanded cautiously taking the baby and holding him. He kept smiling at me.

Why is he smiling at me?

"Awe." both Amora and Adiya cooed and took a picture. I rolled my eyes and groaned. I tensed feeling something wet drip down my shoulder. Looking down I sighed realizing that the devil puked on me.

I smiled sarcastically as my sisters laughed, "How adorable. Here take your devil back." I said shoving him in his mother's arms before dashing to my room and changing quickly.

"Lora! You have a visitor!" Amora yelled, visitor? Who would visit me? I rushed back down to the living room seeing Diana Prince standing by the window. I folded my arms over my chest.

"A year passed and you're back again." I spoke up breaking the silence. She turned around with that signature frown on her face.

"I need your help. The team needs your help." she said.

I smirked, "Why? Another monster come to destroy us all?"

"This isn't a joke!" she suddenly yelled, I held my hands up in surrender with a smile.

"Okay, calm your temper. So tell me princess, what's the problem?" I asked gesturing for her to take a seat on the couch. I sat opposite her and motioned for her to talk.

"It's Clark, Kal El. He's...his fiancé or ex fiancé Lois Lane hurt him." she explained, I leaned forward, resting my head on the back of my hand.

"Little red head moved on and left our precious kryptonian heartbroken." I simplified, she nodded.

"He stopped saving people. There's chaos everywhere. The world believes that superman is evil now. Dangerous. All of us tried to get him out of the state he is in before the world turns its back on him. None of us could help. We need you, you're our only hope. " she explained further. I huffed and chuckled.

"I'm not a damn therapist, I have a life, I have a duty. I can't just put my life on hold because Clark can't get over a woman who probably never loved him and used him to make herself famous."

Diana closed her eyes and threw her head back. "Elora please, I'm begging you."

I stood up, "I'm sorry Diana. I really am, but if I can't even get myself healed from all those years I was tortured. How do you expect one broken person to mend another broken heart?"

"I saved you Elora."

I froze looking at the entrance of the living room. Bruce. I inwardly groaned. "What is it with you and suddenly just showing up?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Look I... I don't mean to play this card but you owe me for saving your life. If it weren't for me you wouldn't be standing here today. A favor for a favor remember?" he said, damn him, damn them all for holding this against me.

"Well aren't you just the trickster. What favor do you want?" I asked, he smirked and stepped closer to me. I could smell his strong cologne.

"I saved your life, save his. Be his savior. Be his Phoenix."

I looked at them, both waiting for an answer. I don't even know the guy, I know nothing about him. Should I really do this? It will get them off my back. But I still have many things to do. Like the rise of a new threat. Maybe I could push it aside for now, I somewhat have a good feeling about this.

"Well?" Bruce asked.

I looked between the two of them and smiled.

"Looks like I'm going to see Mr Kent."

***
Hey guys so I just wanted to know your thoughts. What do you guys think is gonna happen next?