Chapter 18

Gabby's POV

💌

I felt her presence. I smelled her scent and it made my stomach twisted in excitement. She was still capable of doing this to me just by standing behind me.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to slap her, I wanted to yell at her because she suddenly disappeared a month ago but also I wanted to kiss her so bad because she finally got my nerves and I realized that I missed her.

Instead of doing the latter, I chose to pretend that I didn't care about her, waiting for her to back off again, testing her how far she would chase after me.

"What are you doing here? Did I invite you to come in?" I didn't turn around to see her.

I could hear she sighed. "Allie let me in."

"Oh yeah, Allie. As always." I scoffed.

"Gabby." Damn, that sounded so good when she called me by my name.

"We're over, Jordan." I reminded her.

There was a silence before I heard her voice again.

"Then let's start all over again." She whispered.

My heart pounded, my body stiffened and I didn't know what to do or react of what she had said.

"Give me a chance, Gabby." She said, her voice sounded so tired. "Give me one last chance to show you how much I still love you."

I turned to see her, Jordan tilted her head down. I walked closer, lifted her chin up and I realized she was serious. Her eyes were red, she was about to cry that I didn't know why. She bit her bottom lip to prevent crying, I cupped her face and looked deeply in her eyes. And I found love in there. So sincere.

"You're married." I whispered back.

"What?" She blinked, her tears fell down and she wiped it immediately.

"You're still a wife, Jordan. And like I said, I don't wanna make the same mistake." I said. "Look what that thing did to us."

Jordan furrowed her brows. She didn't tell me anything, she just showed me both of her hand. "Do you see a wedding ring on my finger?"

It caught me off guard. Wait. "Huh? S-since w-when?"

"Two weeks before I moved here." She replied. "I divorced her."

My jaw dropped. Shit, she wasn't a wife when she ran after me? Then why did I think that she was playing with my feelings? Oh, fuck. And now I was the one who messed up.

"I love you, Gabby. I still do even I was married to someone else." She said, looking into my eyes. "Ten years. Ten fucking years I waited for this day to come to tell you that I still love you even though you really hurt me a month ago."

I couldn't say anything, I just looked at her face. Jordan looked at me and she was about to speak again because I didn't respond her.

Jordan continued. "If you don't want me back into your life, look into my eyes and tell me to fuck off, I'll leave you for real now."

I was taken aback. She did this like I did that to her ten years ago. And we were just the same, I couldn't say it to her because you know I did still love her.

"That's all I want to know."

Then she kissed me. It caught me off guard, I didn't kiss her back right away. I needed to feel something inside me first. It took me a few seconds before I felt the same spark I used to know, I started to kiss her back and she was crying when she felt my lips moving in sync with hers. It felt like it was our first kiss. Well definitely, our first kiss after ten years.