Visions - Part 1

**Dakota's POV**

"There it is." The old woman pointed to the small hut just passed the tree-line. "My humble home." She waved for me to follow her as she quickened her pace, though she never looked back to see if I was still there.

"It looks very nice." I chatted as we made our way up to the aged and moss-covered hut.

"It's even better on the inside." She remarked as we neared the front door. Tali paused for a moment and brought her hand to her chin, one finger tapping in a thoughtful rhythm against her lips. "I almost forgot..." She muttered and then trailed off.

"Almost forgot what?" I queried as she nodded her triumph in completing her invisible task.

As she turned the door handle, she answered, "I almost forgot to tell our dear Alpha where you are; but she is now aware."

"Oh." I whispered in slight disappointment.

"Don't worry dear, she isn't going to come get you just yet. After all, the ancestors did say she needs to learn patience." Tali cackled while she approached the small table in the center of the room. She motioned to the chair across from where she stood and said, "Please dear, have a seat. It has been a long while since I have hosted the Luna of the Protettori Della Luna in my home." With that, she pulled out her small chair and plopped down contentedly, awaiting my acceptance of her invitation.

"Of the what?" I asked as I took my seat. I gently pulled out my chair as I sat down, nervous to touch anything I shouldn't. I had been to a few esoteric shops in my youth and every time, I was overcome with feelings of fear and reverence. I was always nervous of accidentally putting a curse on myself or insulting the shop owners if I touched the wrong thing.

In here, I was far more on edge since this was a home to the old woman sat before me. What made matters more intimidating was that all of the items lining her shelves and decorating her house were far older than anything in those shops.

Tali let out a loud cackle as those piercing eyes of hers watched my every move. I knew instantly that nothing could hide from her gaze, and I was beginning to feel that even my thoughts weren't safely hidden from her. "You don't need to be afraid of this place child. Nothing in here will hurt you, including me. I have brought you here to help you find the answers you seek." She proclaimed. "Apparently that includes telling you the very name of this pack which our dear Alpha must have forgotten to do in her haste. We are the Protettori Della Luna. Are you familiar with Italian my dear Luna?"

I shook my head in denial and she continued. "Protettori Della Luna means 'Protectors of the Moon'. This pack has been around since the dawn of werewolves and has been working to protect the Moon Goddess and her ways long before the Guardians existed. As a matter of fact, this is one of the packs the first Guardian's came from." Tali's face filled with pride. She leaned over the table as far as she could and whispered, "Your Beta was meant to be a Guardian you know."

"Frankie?" I remarked in surprise.

"Yes. That one was called by the Goddess herself." She chuckled as a grandmother would as she talked of one of her grandchildren's original but long since lost intentions. After a moment of relishing she waved her hand in the air. "Now then, you my dear, are looking for something."

"Yes." I insisted and straightened up as I continued. "I want to know why I can't shift. Why I just started feeling my wolf a few days ago. Why I didn't feel it sooner and why all of this has been kept a secret if I really am a werewolf. Is any of this even—"

"Slow down, slow down." Tali laughed as she pumped the breaks in the air with her hands. "I understand you have been unearthing new truths which have been hidden from you for a long while. Yet you must know that your wolf has been with you since you were very young." She stated, all the while her eyes fixed on mine, piercing into my soul.