Chapter 40

Leah POV

It's been two months of pure torture. They always bring me to the brink of death, yet revive me back to life. I tried ending my life, especially after I lost my child, but they somehow saved me.

I remover after the kick to the gut, the first time I saw Tobisious, I felt a bit of blood between my legs and my bump stopped growing. The pain I felt was more than getting punched, beaten, and kicked.

As a punishment for attempting to commit suicide, that monster ordered his men to assault me, to rape me. I wanted the ground to swallow me, but nothing happened. They left me on the floor to whither after using my body forcibly to please them.

I wanted to die, but I knew the consequences if I even attempted to do so. They left numerous scars on my body and my mind, that I doubt I'll ever recover from.

Everyday, I hope that I can escape this place and Dylan doesn't come here. As much as I wanted to be saved, I knew his fate would be far worse than mine.

It seemed as if my prayers were answered, as two months passed with Dylan still not here. A month ago, I heard that the American army has done its job and returned back to their country.

I hope that Dylan went back, bringing Jamie with him and hopefully forgets about me. He should move on, I'm beyond broken and he deserves someone who won't bring him down.

He probably will hate me once he finds out that I couldn't protect our child and my body was used by so many men. At least I want him to hate me, that way he can easily move on.

I heard the metal bars opening, as one of the men came in and grabbed me, bringing me to the torture chamber. At this point, I felt no power to refuse or even fight against them.

"Ahh, the star of the show is finally here. Tie he hands to the chain."

As soon as I was tied to the chains, Tobisious started using me as my punching bag. He said my body's too valuable, and always punches my face. By the end of his punching session, I could barely open my eyes, from the bruises and felt my blood in my mouth.

"Throw her back into the cell. Make sure her wounds get healed. Wouldn't want you dead, would we?"

He stroked my bruised face with his finger, before landing another solid punch. As I fell in and out of consciousness, one of his men dragged me to the cell by my hair.

I cried silently in the corner of the cell, for god knows how long. This new cell, does then have a barred window, the flickering lights down the hallway proved just enough light for it to not be pitch black.

I woke up to the noise of one commotion, but ignored it before I felt back into a deep slumber. The last thing I heard was "he's coming" before going to sleep.

"Leah."

I thought I was dreaming when I heard that voice, the voice of the man I love. I was probably dreaming, until I heard footsteps nearing me. Looking up, I saw him after two months.

He looked like he aged ten years, with a beard and his buzzed hair grown up to his ears. He looked so broken, yet somehow much stronger. Stress wrinkles were even dent in his forehead, as were his eye bags.

Rubbing my eyes, probably thinking I was hallucinating from the beating, I looked up at his again as a lone tear strolled down his face. He held a broken hopeful expression.

I didn't care if he hates me for losing our child, or is disgusted that men have used my body and I'm covered in scars. I jumped onto him and hugged him with all my might as I sobbed in relief. He held me tightly while kissing my forehead and rubbing his arm up and down my back.