Chapter 31

Dylan POV

"Umm, I have to go. I just remembered I had to do something.?"

It sounded more like a question then a statement. I knew something was wrong and I gave her a questioning look, which she ignored and left the room.

"That was weird. What do you think happened?"

"I don't know buddy, but that is weird."

I turn to look at Jamie and a sense of nostalgia empowers me. My head felt like it was being split in half as I stared deep into those familiar brown eyes.

"Luca, Shh, don't cry my beautiful boy. You're ok, the shooting is over. See you're padre and I are alright."

"Ahh"

I clutch my head trying to ease the pain. The voice seemed so familiar.

"Dylan, Dylan! Are you ok?"

"Shit, my head. I'm going to look for your sister. Max should finish his training soon."

Giving me a skeptical look, Jamie finally nods as I race down the hall to find Leah. I hold onto the wall, walking towards our dimly lit room. I find Leah walking back and forth against the window mumbling something and shaking her head.

"Love, what happened?"

She pauses her mumbling and movement and turns around looking lost. I immediately forget about my pain, as I go closer and cup her face. She hasn't moved an inch and isn't saying anything.

"Leah, you're scaring me. What's going on?"

I demanded, wanting to end her restlessness. She finally snaps out of whatever daze she was in and gives me a look of confusion and pity.

She swallows a gulp in her throat and begins talking.

"I have this thought, but it doesn't mean anything. It's just I assumed something and it might be false, and I don't want to bring both of your hopes up. I just need to see if it fits and then we might know, but-"

I end her blabbering, clearly she's still in a state of shock and isn't making any sense. I see her face pale ever so lightly from losing oxygen due to her fast taking.

"Leah, stop and breathe. Take a deep breath and speak whatever you were thinking slowly and with clarity. You're speaking riddles at this point. Here."

I grab the water bottle on the nightstand and hand it to her as she drinks it greedily. What can be so important that it makes her so nervous. I've never seen Leah like this except when Jamie got hurt and Victor manhandled her.

"Are you reading to speak, love?"

"Yes, so as I was saying. I think Jamie and you are related."

I felt as if someone punched my gut as the air left my body. The ten year old boy who is my brother in law might be related to me.

"How's that possible? He's your brother! Shit, shit, no.."

I feel myself sit on the bed as I think back to everything.

"Jamie and I aren't blood related. A few months after my family's death, I found Jamie covered in death and blood in an abandoned building.

He was so malnourished and I gave him some bread and water. I learned that his parents passed away in a bomb blast the day they went to the market.

I have kept him under my wing since then. He might not be my biological brother, but I sure do love him as if he is."

I take a breath of relief after Leah clarifies everything. She treated him with so much love and care, that it took me by surprise when she told the truth.

"How did you just randomly figure out Jamie and I might be related?"

There's no going around the bush with this. I've been away from my family long enough, to the point where I think they are dead. I won't waste a moment losing time with possibly my only relative.

"From the first day, I noticed how alike you both are; by looks and attitude. The only difference is your age and eyes. I just thought it was a coincidence and ignored that fact.

When you told me your story behind the wedding ring and how it connects you to your mother, or a mother figure and the missing jewel something connected.

Jamie has a necklace with a green and bluish gen that I've never seen before. The exterior latter is so unique and it's almost liquid inside. He said it belonged to his mother and she gave it to him as a remembrance.

I forgot about it until I saw it today. The missing jewel and this ring might just as well connect the both of you."

"Let's go find out then."

I grab her hand as we walk down the hallway towards Jamie's bedroom. So much is going on in my mind, yet everything is blank at the same time.

"Wait, Dylan. Promise me whether you're Jamie's blood relative or not, you won't treat him differently."

My eyes soften at her request. This just as much involves both of them as it involves me.

"He's my brother, blood or not. My memories might come back if he truly is related to me."

She gives me a bread hug as tears well up in her eyes before I open the door. Jamie's playing ball with Max as Max wags his tail and comes towards us.

"Hey guys"

"Hey buddy, Hey Jamie"

"Is there anything you guys need."

"We actually have to talk to you."

"Oh god, look I just took Ken's pudding once. It just tasted so good and he was easy to trick. Please don't get mad, I won't do it again."

If it wasn't for the situation we were in right now, I wouldn't have laughed at his confession. My mood seems to light up a bit as Leah takes the role to ask the next question.

"Can we see your mother's gem quickly? We just need to see something about it."

"Sure. Here you go."

Without any hesitation he gave it to us, but looked at the necklace which was live at the same time. It wasn't for the necklace itself, but for the owner.

Leah holds the gem with one hand as she places it on top of her ring. Before she can place it directly on top I hold her hand. Leah gave me a reassuring look and I took my hand off hers, as nervousness clawed inside of me.

She put it on top and it didn't seem to fit. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or upset. My feelings were confusing, that is until she fumbled around with the gem until it fit perfectly.

At the right angle, the gem layers perfectly with the carved ring as if they are meant together. I stood there in shock as our eyes watered and Jamie looked utterly confused.

"It fits."

We both whisper simultaneously. Jamie got off the bed to take a closer look at what caused us to look so amazed. He sees the ring and the gem combined with each other as a gasp escapes his mouth.

"That's not possible. My mom said the owner to the other half of this jewellery, the ring part belongs to my brother. Leah, where did you get that ring. Who did it originally belong to?"

The joyful ten year old boy who was here moments ago is long gone and is replaced with an anxious one.

"Leah answered me! Please!"

His voice cracks as he fills up with tears. I stood there shocked, looking at my younger brother. I still couldn't believe it. I have a younger brother, a family.

"It belongs to Dylan, Jamie. The ring belongs to Dylan."