Chapter One

• • •

"Stop," I muttered, my voice strained with emotion. He stepped forward, his expression intense, but I held my ground, backing away, my hand trembling as it reached for the doorknob.

"Don't go," he urged quietly, his hand reaching out to touch my arm, halting my retreat.

Tears welled up in my eyes, my heart heavy with indecision. "Please," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

"I can't do this without you," he murmured, his tone filled with desperation...

• • •

The pattering of the rain drops on the old buckets outside the window quieted the muffled bantering of my parents in the other room. I always liked whenever it rained, poured actually, it oddly comforted me and helped me to escape into my own little world.

A world where I wasn't a complete accident, one that was the hot topic of every argument that my parents frequently had. We had just moved into this new posh suburban community. Just like the ones you'd see in the movies, white picket fences, well manicured lawns and neighbours with permanently etched grins on their faces.

It must've almost been a month since we moved into the 2 story brightly painted blue craftsman styled house. My parents were already talking about enrolling me into this white collar school that was 30 minutes away. With the crashing of the door on the wall they both spoke with their voices booming ahead of them.

"She's only 21 Suguro, she's still a kid!" My mother's dark brown hair was loosely put up in a bun, I was always baffled on how she'd manage to look good however she threw herself together.

"I think it's about the right time she goes out and sees the world for herself, you can't keep her sheltered forever Sophia," My father stressed, heaving a little. Though he was a fairly young man, the wrinkles amount his forehead told a different story.

The light blue eyes of my mother turned icy cold before she blurted, "How could you say that!-- she paused midway, " You know things are different for us, it's dangerous out there and I thought you of all people would understand," she inhaled sharply before throwing her hands up in a sort of defeated manner and walking past him.

My father stood there dejected, at a loss for words he turned to the refrigerator taking a small can of beer in his hands.

"Well... " he sighed popping the can open. I hated seeing my parents fight, as much as it always made me feel uncomfortable I worry about their well being also, you know they aren't getting any younger.

"Dad, you know I've been thinking about getting a job, you know to help out a little." He took a large sip before turning to me.

"That's a great idea kiddo, a little grown up stuff would suit you well, " he furrowed his brows in thought.

"I could put a word in for you at the firm, they could really use a young brain like yours." He patted me on the shoulder before retreating to the couch and back to the game.

"Okay, Thanks Dad, " I made my way upstairs where I plopped myself onto my bed, sinking into the cloudy feeling of my mattress and silky bed sheets. The entirety of my room was themed with a vixen kind of red and that's what I liked- it felt like I was in a movie. I felt like a Hollywood star.

I sighed in false disappointment before switching on the plasma on my wall, the crisp resolution illuminating my room. Sitting with my legs crossed, I flip through channels, my brain half asleep from the sound of the rain beating above my head. I finally settled on one of my favorite Telenovelas, I was especially Intrigued by the way the male lead always looked good. His jet black hair was gelled back just smoothly enough, leaving a signature lock above his full brows. It also helped that he was well built, in fact probably one of those gym rats.

I closed my eyes as I drank in the feeling of calmness coupled with the indistinct murmurings on the TV.

• • •

" .... Can you sing with me? "

"Ugh, this stuff's for children, I'm like 7, I already know my ABC's. " The short, ginger snap of a little girl remarked as her electric blue eyes became dull from boredom. She had been told to sit in the couch and stare at the suffocating list of channels she was allowed to watch.

This was torture she thought, so nevertheless as a 'practically grown woman' she began to seek new ventures. She brilliantly came up with an idea to phone her cousin Sally to come over for a lunch date. One where she'd of course prepare her special gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"Perfect." She ended the call in agreement with her cousin's response to come over. She scurried into the kitchen, dragging out a chair for extra leverage while humming the tune of her favorite Justin Bieber song. A few minutes later her bright blue eyes we're awoken with satisfaction of the dish she'd taken so long to prepare. A decadent meal complete with apples, watermelon and whipped cream placed on top. She was pleased.

Atlas, there was a loud knocking on the door that must've signified that Sally was here.

"Could you just get that for me honey? " Her mother called from upstairs unsurprisingly buried into her work. Sometimes the little girl wondered if she ever got tired of seeing numbers and taking about her boss all day.

'My life will never be like Mom's.' She thought, her small feet pacing toward the front door.

"Sally! " she threw the door open but was immediately disappointed to find someone else instead.

"I'm no Sally, " The giant of a man who towered over her answerd, his face fixed in sick ear to ear grin. Just from the way he looked at her she knew something was wrong.

Terrifyingly wrong.

"Come here. " he dragged her away in one swift movement, her screams becoming muffled as he shoved her into a black, heavily tinted mini van.

"Mommy! " She struggled to get out while she felt her eyes sting with fresh tears.

"MOMMMYY--! " There was a loud thud followed by the harsh screeching of the old tires on the stone pavement.

• • •

"Mommy's here baby. " I relaxed into her embrace as an attempt to seize my trembling. I could hear my heart beating out of my chest.

"I'll never. Ever leave you again. " I felt my body shivering and heard the loud, painful sobs that escaped my lips.

I was still so angry and as much as I hate to admit, I was- am still very much broken, probably beyond repair.

.

A/N:
Part one yall! Stay tuned!

*Chapter updates Every FRIDAY❤*

-XO