CHAPTER 31

CRIB STUFF

After school, Liam, Rebecca, and I changed at his place and then went directly to Luke's house (taking Mia along with us). And since he and David were making the crib today, we decided to help.

Apparently, cribs at the Johnsons are a big deal. Luke, I was told, goes full on, with a makeshift waterfall, lights as stars and all that jazz, so I'm really looking forward to this.

When we reach, I ring the bell repeatedly just to annoy him. Because why not?

Hearing a groan from the other side, I chuckle softly. He opens the door and his face lights up when he sees me...or us, I don't know. But that's not what matters now. Luke's both hands are sling-free now!

I grin as I engulf him in a hug, "It's finally off!" I mutter into his t-shirt and he kisses my head, "And I can actually hug you now. I missed this." He pulls away but stays close with his hands around my waist. "I missed you." I admit softly, my gaze flickering between his ocean blue eyes.

I hear a way too familiar groan from behind, ""You guys are so cheesy man. Luke at least let us in dude, then do your lovey-dovey stuff." Rebecca slaps his arm lightly, glaring at him.

"I feel bad for you Rebecca. Why do you even bear up with him?" I ask rolling my eyes and she just chuckles, too polite to say anything rude.

"Hey Mia's here too!" Luke suddenly exclaims, looking down at the grinning 4 year old. He leaves me and lifts her up. She wraps her tiny hands around his neck for a hug while leaning her cheek on his shoulder.

She then starts talking to him about something, while the rest of us entered the apartment only to see David taking a huge box labelled as 'Crib Stuff' to the veranda.

After keeping it down, he waved at us and continued with the work.

Well that's completely opposite to the energy he showed me in the morning. When I entered school today, he engulfed me in a huge hug, confusing both Liam and me. It's not that David doesn't hug me, it's just the extra energy he had today when he did.

Then when I asked him why he was so excited, he stared at me as if I was an alien, but then just shrugged it off, saying that he had an extra dose of coffee in the morning.

"Okay what have you done so far Dave?" Luke asks, walking to the veranda. We follow him and see a huge blue sheet, occupying half the veranda and scattered around were LED lights, thermocol sheets, a large dark blue cotton scarf-like material and safeky kept in a box in the corner were small statues of the 3 kings, Joseph, Mary, Baby Jesus and some other shepherds I think, with animals.

"Wow, so you'll really go all out, don't you'll?" I muse, looking at the items and Luke shrugs, "David and me like working with technical stuff so we just do it. We had a bigger area in my house earlier though, so we'll have to figure out something this time." He says, rubbing his chin.

"Ok, so I was thinking. How about we lay this sheet here to make..." David goes on explaining his idea, while I go inside and sit with Rebecca and Mia. Technical stuff is not really my forte so whatever they say is just going to go through one ear and fly right out of the other, just like it happens in maths class.

"That's the necklace Luke gave you right?" Rebecca asks, glancing at my neck. I've been wearing this everywhere and I don't see Luke anything but happy when I do. I nod, "Yeah, I've not got to give him anything though. I feel like a horrible person." I say, looking outside at the two boys listening to something Liam was telling them. Luke catches my eye from above Liam's shoulder and sends a wink to which I smile and look back at Rebecca.