Confessions

Third Person POV:

"Ron I need to tell you something later." Harry whispered as soon as Professor Snape turned around to face the chalkboard.

"What?" Ron spoke, quite loudly, making Snape turn around to give both of them a blank stare. They both gulped, looking down at the table.

"Sorry." Ron finally whispered to Harry.

"It's fine I can te-" Harry started.

"Mr Potter, you know fully well talking over me in my own class isn't acceptable. 10 points from Gryffindor and stay after class. In fact, swap seats and go sit next to Mr Malfoy to prevent any more talking from you." Snape ordered.

Both Harry and Draco's mouth both opened immediately to try and protest but closed them as soon as they saw the look Snape was giving them.

"And you stay too after class Mr Malfoy, I need to speak to you." 

Harry got up reluctantly, trying his best to avoid everyone's confused and annoyed gazes. He sat down, the mint smell engulfing him, reminding him of memories he'd rather not think about.

Draco POV:

I wish he was mad at me, that would make it easier. I've had Potter mad at me many times, but he wasn't mad. He was disappointed. I don't know who he was more disappointed at; himself or me.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

He didn't even turn his head. 

Ouch.

"I didn't mea-"

"Be quiet." He interrupted me, still facing forward.

"Harry I-"

"Shut it Malfoy." He hissed, finally turning to look at me. The excited spark that normally lay in his emerald eyes were now gone. His eyes looked puffy, his lips stretched into a thin line.

I stayed silent for the remainder of class, taking quick peeks at Harry when I was sure he wouldn't notice. 

I think he did notice, because he laid his face on the side of his hand, blocking his face from my view. I let out a sigh, facing my attention on the work.

I was dreading what Snape wanted to say, whenever anyone had to talk to him, it was never really about good things.

We stayed in our seats at the end of the lesson, waiting for everybody to leave so we could have this 'private chat'.

"How are the tutoring sessions going?" Snape finally spoke, breaking the awkward silence.

Crap. We had only done like 2 sessions and had forgotten ever since those ones.

"They're fine." Harry lied. 

"They are?" He turned his head to look at me.

I nodded in response.

"Hmm. Well we'll see, won't we? There's an exam coming up soon and I'm hoping to see your 'fine' grades." Snape spoke, gesturing with his hands for us to leave.

"Potter wait." I called after him, but he carried on walking, ignoring me.

"Please Harry, just give me a chance to explain." I was practically begging at this point, and we all knew Malfoys didn't beg.

Harry stopped, at last, and slowly spun to face me.

"Okay. Tonight, meet at the usual place." 

He walked away, leaving me standing alone in a mind of confusion.

***