18. We need to go!

After a long and warm shower, I get out to dry myself. It was the best shower I've ever had, we didn't have hot water at home, so it was new. I dry my blonde hair as I see myself in a mirror on the sink's wall.

My body is lean as usual, but my skin is starting to get a darker shade than it was. Sometimes it feels like every day that passes, the sun turns warmer. I wish I were more muscled like Harlow because having more strength on me would be an incredible advantage, but I think she has enough of that quality for the two of us right now.

I pick up my clothes and start to get ready. Then I get out of the shower.

"Harlow?" I call out her name as she's not in the lounge or the kitchen.

"I'm here," She answers, and I make my way into the bedroom. I turn right around, regretting that I went in here. She's changing clothes and she's only in her trousers again. Does she have to do that every time?

"You could have warned me," I said, irritated as I stand my back to her, my cheeks flushing with heat again. I've never blushed as much as I do around her. She doesn't appear to care about it when I see her half-naked. At times, her confidence is unbelievable. Well, she has every right to feel confident in herself.

"Sorry, I'm dressed now," she says, and I turn around to see her in fresh new clothing. There's a grin on my face; she's wearing a thin green shirt and tucked it in her camouflage cargo trousers, which are kept up by a belt. She looks incredible. I gazed down at the floor when I realized I was staring. I've found myself doing this one too many times lately, which is rude and inappropriate.

"I have clothes for you too, but I'm not going to guarantee that they'll fit," she says sadly.

"Thank you," I smile as I make my way back to her.

"Here," She pulls a few clothes out of the wardrobe, and they're the same as the ones she's wearing. I pick up the pants feeling ready to wear them, I've always found the Army clothes cool, but well, we can't wear them because you're in the Army, but it doesn't matter now. I switch to Harlow, who's smiling at me as I'm lifting my eyebrow.

"What?" She asks, without getting what I am trying to tell her.

"You need to turn around," I tell her shyly.

"Yeah, right," she says, turning her back to me. I roll my eyes.

"Harlow!" I complain when I see that she is peeking. She's flipping her head around straight ahead with a chuckle. Perhaps Harlow is not shy about it, but I am. Especially because her body is beautiful, and mine is just skinny. She makes me uncertain about myself; then again, I've always been insecure about my body because I'm too short and slender compared to others.

"There," I say as I finished dressing, and Harlow turns to me to study.

"They're a little baggy, but it's all right," I smile, and Harlow nods as she stares, which left me with red cheeks as she was looking a bit too long. Then she took out a couple of sunglasses from the closet and gave me a pair as well. I put one of them, and she places on her pilot glasses, covers her black eyes, which is probably the point.

Even though I like to see her eyes, the sunglasses suit her very well. She looks alarming because of her form. Very daunting, but still very stunning in a strange way. Then she grabs the bag on the bed.

"What's that?" I wonder.

"Food, clothing, and other supplies we might need," Shrugs Harlow, the smile she had on her face, did instantly turn flat.

"Harlow ..." I was about to ask her something when she put her warm hand on my mouth. She's in front of me while attempting to listen. I keep my mouth closed while I try to hear something, but I can't. Then she extracts her hand from me, but she's still quiet.

"What is it?" I ask worriedly.

"There's something," She says as she continues listening.

"We need to go!" She grabs my hand faster than my legs could respond as she drags me along with her.