1. Welcome To Hell

A few words before we start. This book has been put on hold for so long now. Simply because I personally struggle with a lot of things. I have decided to publish the book as it is for now on Wattpad. It is done and at some point, you can pick up the book on Amazon for sale if you prefer to have it in your own hands. I have currently ordered myself a few examples to go through it before I publish it there. 

I started to write this book on 30.01.19 so it's been a long process. I have never spent so long time on a book before, but when you work and have 100000 book ideas spinning in your brain all the time and want to write them all at once it's impossible. 

I have never written a book like this before. I hope you'll enjoy it and like always I love a vote and a comment!

Remember to follow me on Instagram as it's there I'll publish book covers for upcoming books!

-Dreamondreamer96

"I find River Maria Hernandez guilty of all charges." I recoiled at the appointed authority's sledge as it echoes through the room. A grimacing man in a sandy coloured uniform grabbed me by the arm to lead me away.

Certain things haven't changed throughout time. We still have a judge and a jury telling us if we are guilty of our crimes or not. Yet, the unlawful acts we are guilty of are so insignificant.

Only a week ago, I was teaching my class about history. How life was before, and now I am found guilty of stealing food. You see, before taking something that little wouldn't give you five to ten years in prison.

The world crumbled to its knees twenty years -ago when the heat started to become a problem. Nations everywhere throughout the world were battling for assets like oil, water, and food.

In 2086, Morgana Powell became president of England, indeed, a president in England. Nobody thought that could ever happen, but the rich always get what they want.

A few weeks after that, our Queen, Elizabeth III, vanished out of nowhere. People found it suspicious and odd. Some might even have thought President Morgana assassinated her, but that was just a rumour.

Our government changed overnight in 2086. People in the lower class could apparently become even more fragile. We couldn't put our children in school, get a well-paid job, or pay for medicine for our dying loved ones.

In 2088, it felt like the whole world fell apart. Morgana demanded Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and including Ireland to fall in line with England. She felt the need to control them as one nation.

They refused, and the United Kingdom parted ways. Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Ireland made their alliance in 2090. They were named The Green Empire.

A few months later, they declared war against President Morgana. England shut down the borders to Scotland and Wales. Powell made her people build a wall to separate us from them, just like what happened in Berlin, Germany.

For six years now, wars have been waged in the North and the West. The Green Empire can't seem to break down our Army, but now the government has demanded men and women into military training to protect our beloved country. At least that is what Morgana Powell claims.

The guard pushes me forward out the door and I stumble down onto the floor. I try to get back up, but the handcuffs around my hands are too tight.

"Get up!" He yells as he hauls me by the shirt and pulls me up to my feet again.

"Don't do this," I beg him as I feel every inch of my body tremble with fear.

"Keep going," He takes me by the arm firmly and forces me to go ahead. I attempt to shake his hand off me, but he holds me tighter. The man leads me outside, and I try to hide my face from the brightness of the sun as it burns my eyes.

"Get in," He orders me, and I step into the rear of the van, where there are other victims like me sitting. Their heads hang low and they have tears in their eyes. I step inside even though my feet tell me otherwise.

I sit down next to a brown-haired woman. Her face stained with tears. We all know where we are headed. The guard closes the door and a second later, the van starts to move.

"So, this is it," An older woman who sits in front of me says. Her red hair is short, but a small tone of grey strands shows. She is a taller woman compared to me.

"We are all going to die," She sighs.

"Shut up!" The woman next to me yells. I don't blame her; my heart pounds against my ribs and a part of me wish it could break out because it would be less painful.

"I have a child and a husband!" She breaks out crying with her hands hiding her face now.

"So, pretty girl, why are you here?" I turn to look at the older woman.

"Yes, you." She says as she rolls her eyes.

"I imagine it's not your pretty face that is the reason for you being here." She laughs, and I swallow hard.

"I tried to provide food for my parents," I forced myself to say as I think about how much I let them down. Their faces were full of tears when the police dragged me out of the home I've lived my entire life. My mother shouted a few Spanish slurs at the policemen as she tried to pull me away from them.

Not once did I do any violations, but my parents are getting older. We didn't have food for a while, and I couldn't stand to look at them suffer much longer. They don't deserve this kind of life, but now I made them lose their only daughter.

"What about you?" The lady asks the crying woman next to me.

"My... my boy was sick, and he needed medicine," She sniffs.

"They wouldn't let me get it because, you know, I have to pay for it," She dries her eyes. There are certain pills or medicine in general that poor people like us can't afford. They would rather let us die than provide us with them. There are recourses these days that are hard to import or make because of the economy.

"I stole them and my boy got better, then a few days later, they took me away," She cries.

"At least your boy is okay," I say in an effort to comfort her.

"Yeah, but for how long? Until the next time he gets sick!" She shouts as she shakes her head with hatred. Her outburst scares me to the point I bump into the woman next to me. She frowns at me but then turns to stare out the little gap at the back door.

"This world is not right," She says in disgust, and I know we all can agree with her.

"And now they are bringing us towards death," She cries in distress. Everyone looks down at the ground as if they are all lost in space. It's almost as if I can hear all of these loud thoughts scream into the darkness. Yet, these words no one will ever hear.

Prison has become a central point for the Army to grab men and women and bring them to the battleground. They don't provide with training or preparation, simply do it because our lives don't matter. People do volunteer to go, but it's not enough. The government came up with the idea to create new laws and a longer sentence for crimes. For them, it's brilliant because they do have the money for defense as we don't.

I feel the van stop which makes almost all its convicts fall onto the floor. Not long after the door opens again to blind us with the intense sun.

"Get out!" An exacting voice yells and makes none of us hesitate to run out of the van. The consuming heat burns my skin the moment we got out.

"Get in line." The man yells again, and my eyes start to adapt to the brightness. I can feel the sweat begin to pour down my body already. My teared-up shoes are filled with sand after hustling into my place. There is no grass to be seen at a long distance. I can't remember the last time I saw something green, something free.

"Turn right!" We all do as he says and look right at him. His hair is short and earthy coloured; however, you can see the silver hairs jabbing out. His face is hardened and chilly as he stands straight in his desert coloured uniform, much the same as the man that took me to the van. Two guards remain close to him with guns in their grasp. They both stand as straight as a pole.

"This is my prison. I decide what you eat, where you sleep, and when," He walks back and forth to face each and one of us.

"If you don't follow my rules, you will be punished." He says as he stares me down, and I try to avoid eye contact.

"And" He steps away to the next one, and I breathe out as it felt like the entire weight of the world left my shoulders.

"By punished, I mean," He grins.

"Solitary confinement." I think we all swallow hard after his words.

The man in control returns in his place as he hides his hands behind his back.

"You can call me Cage. This prison is divided into two sections, male and female," He grins again.

"Welcome to hell."

He beams one last time.