13 | Jerk

The clock ticks by slowly as it hums in my ears. Tick. Tick. Tick.

My brain's on autopilot, watching Mrs. Wools every move while taking notes as she talks. I'm not really paying attention to what she says, but she would call me out if I wasn't paying attention. Er, looking like I wasn't paying attention.

Kick.

I purse my lips to keep from mustering something. For some unknown reason, Seth has been extra annoying this whole week. Making Mrs. Wools class even more insufferable. It doesn't help that a certain brown haired, blue eyed boy has also been ignoring me.

Since that night at the fair, about a week ago, Axel's been keeping his distance from me. We danced, he won me the bear, we talked, but when he saw Landon and Seth, that's when he stopped talking to me. This whole past week at school he's made sure to dodge me, not look in my direction, so therefore, ignoring me.

I don't know what I did. If I did do anything.

Kick.

Spinning around to glare at Seth, I see he has a wide toothy grin plastered to his face. I raise an eyebrow, that's not what I was expecting.

Mrs. Wools' phone to the classroom rings and she walks over to her desk to pick it up. The class remains quiet as she listens to whoever's on the other end of the line. She nods her head and says, "I'll be right there." She hangs the phone up after a couple more seconds and looks at all of us, sighing. "I have to go do something. Please be on your best behavior. I know summer is almost here, but remember, you guys are almost adults. Behave."

With that, Mrs. Wools walks out of the classroom. Voices fill the room, making the welcomed silence end.

"So, Vienna," Seth's voice says from behind me. "You're the last single one in your group of friends."

Out of instinct, I grab my necklace and fidget with the pendant on it. Where is he going with this?

Leaning over his desk, so he's closer to me, he taps the eraser of his pencil on my nose. I try to swipe it away, but he retracts it before I can grab it from him. "So what do you say?"

I look at him like he's crazy. "About what?"

"About dating me so you're not single anymore." The look he gives me tells me he's dead serious or he's very good at acting.

Shaking my head, I reply with a simple "no."

Seth's smile disappears as he scowls at me. "Funny. Before you know it, your friends will be ditching you to hangout with their boyfriends."

My blood starts to boil in anger. Since I've known Olivia, she's never ditched me to hangout with Jaden. She's always made sure that we get enough best friend time. Elea, I'm not too sure about since she just started dating my brother, but she doesn't seem like the type to ditch her friends for a boy.

"That's not true," I say to defend my friends.

"Isn't it?" Smugness starts to take over his features as he watches me. "Haven't they already? Does the fair ring a bell?" he continues.

I feel myself pale. They didn't ditch me, heck, they invited me to go on their date. I try to push the nagging thought of them ditching me away. Seth's just trying to get to me.

Turning back around to face the front, I see Axel is watching us. His jaw is clenched as he looks between Seth and me.

"Well, you were looking lonely sitting at the picnic table all by yourself."

My eyes widen at his statement. He was watching me. That means the group of friends Axel had shown up with was Landon, Seth, and the rest of their friends. I keep my back to him, refusing to give him the reaction that he wants.