25 - Valentina is Savage

Valentina

I look at my husband as he reads today's newspaper. He has been awfully quiet on the whole subject of Lorenzo and Valeria, which is driving me crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against this relationship. In fact, I am devising a plan or a prank to catch them doing something so they would be embarrassed. I know, what the fuck, but really...imagine Valeria blushing red while hiding behind a shocked Lorenzo.

"So?"

"Oh my god, woman. How are you even sure that they are together?" Gabriel, my husband, asks as he put down the newspaper on his lap.

"It is obvious, Gabi. How can you not see it?" I get mad at him.

"Because there is nothing going on, Lina, trust me. Do you remember how insane I was when we dated? I couldn't hide it. Lorenzo is like his papa, he sucks at acting."

"Oh, no, Lorenzo is like his mama, good at acting."

"When did you even act?"

"I always act like I am enjoying everything you do," I lie.

"You are lying."

"I am not!" I act defensively.

"Okay, so you act when I give you an org-"

"Oh my god! Shut up! Someone will hear you."

I look around the empty living room and thank god that no one heard him.

"Thank god..." I sigh in relief. "Anyways, what should I do?"

"I don't know, you could ask Valeria to pick some oranges from the garden and then tell Lorenzo to help her. You would be on standby in case you see something and then attack."

"Mhmm...not bad for someone who is not listening to me."

"Don't say that, I am." He scolds, making me smile.

"Okay, sorry, baby." I nudge him and this time, he smiles.

The next day, I wait in the kitchen for Valeria to come down. I arrive a little bit early because I want to start my plan early. After a few minutes of waiting, Valeria strolls into the kitchen.

"Mrs. Gonzalez, good morning," Valeria says, surprised to see me.

"Good morning, Valeria, how are you?" I smile warmly at her.

"I am good, thank you, and you?"

"I am well," I reply. "Is Lorenzo up?" I ask, trying to get a reaction out of her and I do.

She blinks fast before replying, "I-I don't know. Do you want me to go and check?"

Mhm...I think that is a better plan.

"Yes, please."

She leaves and goes upstairs. I follow her after a few seconds without her noticing. I see her entering his room and I quickly stand close to the door.

"Enzo, wake up."

1 - She is calling him Enzo.

"Mmm, what?" Lorenzo mumbles enough for me to hear.

"Wake up, your mom told me to wake you up."

"Why don't you close the door and stay here?" he suggests.

2 - He is flirting and god, how many more reasons do you need to believe me? They. Are. Dating.

"This is not the time, come on, wake up."