19 - Strange Feelings

Valeria

As we walk into the event hall, my arm is connected with Lorenzo's. A lot of people swarmed the room, talking to one another and drinking alcohol. I notice that all the people are wearing either black or red, making me look abnormal. I look at Lorenzo and he notices my realization and smiles.

"Why am I not wearing red or black?" I ask as we walk to his parent's and sibling's table.

"You're unique. Besides, I don't like my date looking like everyone else."

Oh, so this is about how he looks in front of the people. Who am I kidding? This is Lorenzo Gonzalez, the most influential person in Spain and the man every girl wants. Of course, he is going to care about what people think about him. He wants the whole media outlets to talk about him and how hot he is.

I don't say anything because if I do, I'll probably smack his head against the wall.

"Oh, Valeria, you look lovely, darling," Mrs. Gonzalez compliments, making me blush.

"Yes, you do, Val! This dress looks amazing on you," Sophia continues where her mother left off.

Sarah and Cassie nod in agreement, while Johnny and Sam stand with blank faces, probably too scared to compliment Lorenzo's 'date.'

"Thank you," I reply with a smile, disconnecting my arm from Lorenzo's, making him frown.

"Val, come let's get something to drink," Sophia says, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards her. Lorenzo grunts, not liking this idea, but doesn't dare to say anything in front of everyone.

What a pussy.

We reach the bar and Sophia orders two whiskeys for us. Sarah later joins and orders one for herself. I wanted to tell Sophia that I hated alcohol and that I have never tasted it before, but was too shy to admit something like this. She was also being nice and I didn't want to ruin her vibe.

I take a small sip and immediately cringe at the taste. It tastes like ass, not that I have ever tasted asses before. Okay, eww.

"By the way, Lorenzo couldn't take his eyes off you since we came here," Sarah points out with a giggle, making her twin giggle as well. I blush hard and fidget with my fingers from my nervousness.

"Oh, don't be shy now. We all know that Lorenzo has the eyes for you," Sophia this time says.

"You're wrong. He doesn't like me. Besides, I am your maid, nothing could ever happen," I reply, the alcohol is clearly making me blunt.

Sophia and Sarah gasp at the same time as if they didn't expect my reply.

"Valeria, you don't possibly think that we care that you work for us, right?" Sophia asks, tilting her face.

I take another sip and this time I feel like I am about to vomit. "Give me this." Sophia snatches the glass from my head and places it on the counter. "Now, answer me, Valeria."

"I do think that," I reply, avoiding their accusatory eyes.

"How could you think that?" Sophia exclaims, getting angry by the second.