15 - Lorenzo Finds Valeria's Mother

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

― Marilyn Monroe

* * *
Lorenzo

In the evening

Cassie and Johnny finally make peace. As soon as she woke up, she started being a gentleman and listening to everything she was saying. She has turned him into a simp.

"So, what are we going to name the baby if it's a girl?" Johnny asks Cassie as we all sit in the living room. My father and mother went to their room.

"It's still early to talk about that, Johnny," Cassie replies.

"It's not. What about if it's a boy?" he continues, ignoring her.

She rolls her eyes and huffs. "I don't know...maybe Lea if it's a girl, and Carlos if it's a boy?"

"Mhm, I like them," Johnny replies with a grin.

"Good for you," Cassie smiles sarcastically, making us all laugh.

She definitely still dislikes him.

"Didn't we agree to make peace?" Johnny asks with a pout. Cassie closes her eyes and sighs. "You're right, Johnny, sorry."

"It's okay." He smiles and puts his hand on her belly, earning a slap on his hand.

"You touch me one more time and I'll kill you," she threatens.

"I was touching the baby!" he shrieks.

I close my eyes, wishing I am not here right now. Listening to those two fight and bicker about everything just makes me want to vomit. They're like a newlywed couple, who didn't get to know each other well enough before getting married.

"Here you go," Valeria says as she enters the living room and gives us juice. Her face looks sad and her under-eye circles are prominent, telling me that she hasn't been sleeping well.

How could she? Her father was killed in a blink of an eye, and she couldn't say goodbye. I could relate to her a little bit when my uncle and his family were murdered, especially when I think that it was my fault, just like she thinks.

"Hey, Val, you okay?" Sophia asks stupidly.

Valeria smiles and nods. "Do you need anything before I go to my room?" Valeria asks as she held the tray close to her chest.

"No, thank you, Valeria." Sarah this time, replies.

Valeria turns around and leaves, without saying another word.

"I wish we could help her with something..." Sophia pouts, putting her face in between her hands.

"Like what?" Sarah asks.

"I don't know...how anything could possibly help."

"I think we should just give her some time. Her father just died," Sarah replies and we all nod in agreement.