Chapter 18 Iced Coffee

I try to push his hand away from my waist, which he can't fully embrace. Whatever this nonsense is, it should come to an end because he is really making me feel so conscious of my body.

But his grab just gets tighter. Which brings a frown on my face.

Which goes unnoticed by my mom who is screaming, "Aw Will just look at them, aren't they adorable!"

I felt like puking. Period.

But when I turn to James with controlling my gag reflex, there he is standing with a smile which is showing all his pearly whites.

Being very confused I whisper to him, "What the hell is happening?"

He just shakes his head and says rather loudly, "Darling you wanted some coffee right? You like it iced! I know, no need to be that shocked boo."

He closes my mouth which I didn't know was open.

The next thing I know is my mom is dragging me to the couch and she just starts talking.

I will spare you the details, it was just something about dress, jewellery and blah blah.

Just then someone rings the bell, I was really sporting a headache, so I excuse from my mom.

I walk away to the kitchen to see James leaning against the countertop, casually rather may I say and scrolling his life away in the phone.

Controlling my urging feeling to throw his phone and smashing it, I walk up to him silently and cross my arms and stand null.

He slowly looks up from the screen, I swear my heart just skipped a beat. But I should be delusional to feel something like that. I just saw him kissing a man! God all that wedding talking by mom is driving me crazy.

I am pulled away from my train of thoughts by James who rudely snapped his fingers in front of my face.

Moving a bit back, being conscious of how close we were standing, I lean onto to the refrigerator and ask, "What?"

He casually puts his hands in his pocket and shrugs.

"James, what was that? Embracing and saying dear kinda stuff! You just kissed Alex! Remember?"

In a jet of speed, he was in front of me and in a low rather husky voice he says, "Emma can you just forget that happened, don't scream!"

I just stick my tongue out, I know I am being a child, but sometimes when I am around him this unknown side of mine resurfaces.

He just shakes his head and opens the door of the refrigerator, taking milk.
I just silently lean back onto the wall and see him working.

The way his arms flexed when he poured the milk into the glass and how he skill fully was beating the coffee and the sugar concoction with determination. And how he is now opening his mouth and asking me something, the way his tongue rolled when he said my name.

Suddenly I heard a loud noise, I come out of my trance to see a very funny sight of a grown man with splashes of brown substance falling from his face, to his chest and then to his...

Ok that's where I draw a line. I look down onto the floor and then I look back to see him standing still, catching the electric mixer in one hand.

I don't know something went tick in my mind, I started laughing. It was not just a normal laugh, I was snorting. I had tears spilling out of my eyes. I was clutching my stomach cause it was paining.

Hearing my rather loud and scary laugh, my parents along with James's dad come to the kitchen.

That's when I looked at James, oh god! If looks could kill me, I would definitely be six feet under.

I sober up after I see the crowd that gathered. My mom was the first one who went towards him, but he just raised his hand, sorry the electric mixer.

Basically, he rudely or rather embarrassingly didn't want to ask for help. He just places that thing down on the countertop and leaves upstairs.

Again a small chuckle left my lips, but I was met with a stern look from my mom. I raised my hands in surrender and was about to leave the crime scene rather may I say by coffee.

God it's very funny, I just don't know how no one is laughing. Whatever, I was interrupted by mom, who asked me to clean the mess as somehow I am responsible for it. I just shrug my shoulders, by then the help from earlier comes running to the kitchen.

Which thank god, the only sane person, Mr. Carter called out for. She starts cleaning the kitchen.

After being so tired of laughing, I take a glass of water and was gulping it very ladylike when the gang which you know who is, bid farewell as they thought it was not the right time.

But there was someone else on the couch, that was the wedding planner it seems. Plus it's really hard to get her appointment or something like that which I really didn't care at that time, my mom was saying in the background of my thoughts.

But I was nodding my head to all that talk my mom was saying. Just one thing made me stop her and I was like, "Excuse me?"

"Lady don't go all loud on me, your marriage is in a month. Do you even understand how many arrangements are to be done.  Thank heavens, in such a short time of notice, Ms. Rose have given her schedule. So take your lazy ass and go and speak with her."

I just stand there shell shocked of the choice of words of my sophisticated mom.

Before she turns to leave, she says, "It's not an order it's a plea. Remember your grandma and do whatever you want. I am out!"

Ok, now she guilt trapped me beautifully.

***
A small hand starts shaking my shoulders. I look up blinking the tears away.

"Oh so sorry mam! I didn't..mam! I am sorry! I will leave.." Maria starts stuttering . I don't blame her, I would have looked like a mess with blood shot eyes and runny nose.

I wave my hand and then wipe the tears away and say, "It's ok Maria, what happened?"

"Nothing mam, it's lunch time, so I came to tell you that." Maria says slowly.

I nod my head and she leaves.

Before she was going to open the door, she turns and says, "Mam, also Mr. Adam is out. Should I send him in?"

**************

Hello everyone! How you guys are doing?
Did you like the chapter. I am taking this writing serious now, that I am stuck in home. I want to complete or rather write a lot of chapters. So stay tuned. There will be daily updates or even double updates😬😊.
Don't forget to vote and comment!