Chapter 39 Hotel room situation

I am petrified is an understatement, it's not only the fact that these two are traveling with me.

But all I am still very skeptical about James, cause I very much still remember how I ran away from our house the other day.

So him mentioning it is just making me squirm in fear. After the kidnap incident, yes I am going to address the situation like that. I thought about and I think it's better to be always around James rather than being away from him, but for sure I can't stay with him.

With all the threats and seeing what George is capable of, I would be stupid to take this situation lightly. But I don't know who is more scarier so now standing in front of the private jet when I clearly booked my tickets in commercial aircraft is making me question why I agreed to this first place.

The fact that I haven't informed anyone about this trip cause I want to surprise Emily and Clara her mom. And I take a seat facing James and Adam is sitting two seats away from us, much to dismay cause the flight attendant pointed the seats for us.

I say, "Should I switch seats with Adam, I mean you guys are traveling together to continue the meeting if I am not wrong."

"No need of that." He swats promptly my request.

Ok cool, so one hour of flight with these both should be interesting. I should keep my eyes wide open and be calculative of each of his moves, it would have been better if I was few seats away I could have discreetly seen him. But this is also good, I can listen to his conversations.

This is good right?

***
Ok scratch that, I slept like a baby. It was the best sleep of my life to be honest, can you blame me I was on flight or fight mode all these three days with Emily.

But surprisingly being with James calmed me and put me to sleep, you know what it's not him it's the champagne they served. Right! That was it.

James softened features were the first thing I saw as my vision cleared when I was woken up from my deep slumber with a gentle shake.

"We have landed, the luggages are taken to the hotel, do you want me to accompany you to Emily's house?" He asks slowly.

I shake my head no and squeeze my eyes, why is he being polite all of a sudden.

I turn around to see Adam with his head down walking towards the exit, god this jealous provoking man!

"You know what it's not ideal to make your husband feel jealous all the time!" I spat angrily as I put on my coat and leave.

James holds my hand pauses my action, "What do you mean by that?" His eyes blazes with anger.

I shrug my shoulders, "I am sure you very much know what I mean Mr. James Carter." I say back with the same anger.

"Emma don't test my patience, what do you know?" He asks surprisingly calmly more like controlling his anger.

"Why are you asking me, ask your husband!" I reply and walk away from as his grip loosens as I said those words.

I look back to a mouth ajar James looking shocked and I smile and walk away, why am I sad all of a sudden, I feel my guts are being twisted.

****
I place the heavy suitcase in front of the threshold of Emily's house as I rang the bell and waiting with a box of her favorite bagels.

Clara opens the door with a huge smile and engulfs me in a hug, "Oh my dear! Look at you, you are looking so beautiful!"

I hold her tightly and mumble, "Missed you to too Clara!"