Chapter 10

Lena POV~

"What are you doing?" I asked softly. "Oh me? Nothing." Medusa said as she continued to run her fingers through my tangled hair. I hummed quietly into her chest in contentment. We stayed like that for quite awhile. In each others arms, not asleep but not ready to wake up just yet.

Finally, we got up but not without Medusa whining for a couple minutes about not being able to hold me. I might act like it was annoying but I secretly loved it. No one has ever loved me like this before, or at all really. She loved me despite the obvious challenges and she truly cared about me. She never wasted the chance to show me that's for sure. We never went *that* far but I'm hoping to show her how much I really love her. Soon.

"What would you like to do today, love?" Medusa asked while she fed me recently killed deer meat. She liked to feed me and I have no problem with it. "How about you teach me to shoot with your bow and arrows." I asked while I pulled myself into her chest. I liked hearing her heartbeat. It was calming. It reassured me that this was real and I didn't imagine this, considering how crazy this feels.

"That's fine with me, darling." Medusa said with a peck to the forehead. I smiled and snuggled my head deeper into her chest.
—Later—
"Are you trying to kill me?!" Medusa said. Turns out I am terrible at archery. The close call with Medusa proves it. I accidentally shot an arrow while she went to go find the ones that wildly missed the target. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean too." I cried with remorse evident in my voice. I lifted my hand and waved it to show that I wanted to go to her but I didn't know where she was. I hear footsteps in front of me before I'm pulled into her arms. I hear an exaggerated sigh while Medusa rests her cheek on my head.

"What am I going to do with you, stupid girl." Medusa said while pulling me back to pepper kisses on my lips. "Nothing. You have to deal with me forever." I giggled out and pushed myself up to kisses her back. I wrapped myself around her neck while she brought her hands to the small of my back to push us closer together.

I felt Medusa's body tense. I pulled back worriedly. I couldn't even get a word out before I was hurriedly pushed behind Medusa and I heard the snakes hissing in obvious distress. "What's going on?" I questioned trying desperately to calm myself down. "Don't worry, love. I'm here. I won't let you get hurt. I promise." She stated firmly. " Okay. I trust you." I exclaimed with a shaky voice.

I heard rustling and heavy intimidating footsteps and I bet even Medusa could feel how fast my heart was beating with how close I was pressing against her. The footsteps got closer and closer before.......

~~

Another cliffhanger. Oh no the despair..

I'm getting a computer soon so I'll be updating more. I know I've been heavily slacking.

I hope you all are staying safe, y'know wearing your mask and all.

I hope you have a great day!

Instagram: @lizziepetrich
My DM's are always open for questions, feedback, or anything else you had in mind.