Chapter 20:My Mate And I

Hailey's Point of View:

We enter the pack-house and I see three older men talking. I squeeze Daniel's hand tighter as we walk towards them. I can see them stiff once they smell my scent. I expect them to growl at me but once they see Daniel holding my hand they smile. "Dang it seems like this pack grows every day. It feels like yesterday we took you in kid, and then Sarah came and now this girl." The guy with brown eyes says.

 My heart stops at hearing another girl's name. Was she my mate's girlfriend..? Daniel scoffs and shakes his head, "Yeah why don't you say that to Chris see how he reacts to you talking about his girl." I take a breath and calm down. I just met him why do I feel like this? And I wonder what they meant when they took him in. 

Was this not originally his pack? If so where did he use to live? All of a sudden this man that looks like Daniel but has fiery red eyes walks in obviously angry about something as he continues to talk on the phone. He sniffs the air and looks towards me and then towards Daniel. I move closer to Daniel feeling uncomfortable. I see a tint of joy and sorrow in his eyes as he smiles. He tells whoever he is talking to he has to go and he swiftly walks over to us.

  He pulls me into a tight hug and chuckles, "Daniel Christopher Johnson, how dare you not get me right away the second you find your mate!" He pulls back his smile widening, "What's your name love? Daniel, you got yourself a flower here, you better treat her with care!"

 I look at Daniel and I can see the blush forming on his face. I giggle as he mumbles an I will and pulls me closer to him. I look back at his dad and smile, "My name is Hailey." His father nods, a smile still evident on his face as he pats Daniel on his shoulder as he gets back to what he is doing. 

He brings me up to a room and I stare in awe. The room was painted all over with many different sceneries. This obviously wasn't his room as it didn't have his scent. I look at him confused when he yells out, "Hey Sarah, I need you to go shopping." Quickly this girl walks in with bright eyes and her smile brightens when she sees us. "And whom am I going shopping for?" Daniel's smile widens as he glares at her and says, "It's pretty obvious who I need you to go shopping for, but I'm assuming you want an introduction." 

He holds my hand tight his smile widening. "Hailey meet my friend and the future Luna Sarah, Sarah meet Hailey, my mate." 

Sarah's smile widens as she quickly walks over hugging me. "Well I'm glad my best friend got his mate, so how about we go shopping now?" I slowly nod my head and an evil grin appears on her face, "We just have to get that boyfriend of yours credit card." My eyes widen as I noticed Daniel was gone and she just starts laughing, "Just kidding, I'll have my mate give me his and you can spend as much as you want."

 I nod not feeling comfortable spending other people's money knowing I will spend as little as possible. She grabs my hand dragging me out of her room and into a garage. I stare at the many cars before us with shock. Sarah walks up to a car and unlocks it. As Sarah starts the car I put my seat belt on. It takes us 10 minutes to get there and I quickly get out of the car to stretch my legs and look around.