Chapter 15: Growing up

I wake up in Sarah's bed and I realized we both fell asleep last night, I look at the clock and see it's 5 am, I smile and poke Sarah in the cheek and she groans turning away from me. My smile widens as I get an idea. I get up and run downstairs as fast and quiet as I can. Once I get to the kitchen I get what I want out and start to cook. Once I'm finished I bring the food upstairs and set it on Sarah's bedside table while grabbing a pillow. I hit Sarah with the pillow in the head and she jumps up, she looks over to the clock and her eyes widen, "What the heck Daniel, it's 5 in the morning!" I smile and point at the food. She frowns but takes the food mumbling a thank you and I knew I won. I smile brightly and when she notices she laughs throwing one of her pillows at me, "Go away will you!" She continues to laugh and I raise my hands surrendering. I walk out of the room smiling to myself. I go downstairs to see Parker and Oliver on the couch, asleep. I laugh quietly to myself as I walk towards them.

 I take a photo and sit on the only part of the couch not occupied. I relax there as I continue to think about everything. After a while, I hear my dad say my name and I look up at him.  He smiles at me and tells me to follow and I oblige wondering what he needs. "So Daniel, there is something you need to know about that school isn't really going to teach you." I nod my head as I sit on his bed. "So you know how everyone talks about mates? and how the alpha and luna are mates?" I nod my head slightly understanding. "Well, when you turn 16 you'll be able to find out who your mate is, they are like your soulmate and you don't get to choose them, but the second you see them you know you wouldn't have chosen otherwise anyways." I remember everyone talking about mates, I think back to Sarah and I see where this is going. "Daniel, you can't fall for her, I hope you know that. It will only hurt both of you if you fall in love and find out you aren't mates. Okay?" I nod understanding.

 I always knew that I wouldn't do anything until I met the one. I really do hope me and Sarah are mates but it's unlikely. My dad pats my head and walks out of the room. I sit here thinking about what my mate will look like but I can't visualize anything, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.