N I N E T E E N

Alison
Chapter 19

           "Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this exhausted before." Penny points out.

Blaire nods, agreeing with her. "Hmm, it looks like you were either out all night or had a wonderful night with someone." She wiggles her brows.

I only roll my eyes at her. "I'm just tired okay, didn't get enough sleep."

The full truth is that I didn't get enough sleep because of mine and Leo's argument. I kept asking myself what actually triggered his anger, and whether him and I will always argue like this or not. I know I'm only here for a year but that doesn't mean I want to spend my year like that.

Worst part is I haven't seen him today. I do not know why, but I half expected him to at least apologize or acknowledge me. But after all, this is Leonardo O'Neil we're taking about.

As I let my mind run wild, something catches my eye outside the shop, it's one of Leo's drivers, Samuel, leaning on the slick porch car.

Suddenly, my phone pings alerting me that I have a new message.

Unknown : It's Samuel, Mr O'Neil said to get you.

That's as brief as his message was.

I looked out the window again trying to see if I can pick out an emotion from him as he looks at the coffee shop, yet I see nothing because of the black glasses.

"Oh, who's that hunk outside?" Penny asks leaning in close to get a good look at him.

Blaire only looks outside for a moment and back to her food, "That's Samuel, one of Leonardo's drivers." Penny and I both look at her with raised brows. "What? I'm his assistant so I'll have to know these things."

"Why is he here though? Do you have an idea Ms Assistant?" Penny questions Blaire who, in return, throws an unpleasant look.

"No you fool. But I'm guessing he's here for Alison over here. " She states while wiggling her eyebrows, for the second time this morning might I add.

I was about to answer her as my phone pings again.

Unknown: Please hurry up, Mr O'Neil is getting impatient.

Wait, does this mean Leo is also in the car? No, he would've fetched me from the shop himself if he was. I know this man.

I quickly down my drink and take my bag, "I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to go." I slip out of the booth.

Penny snorts. "No you're not. It's probably because you're about to get,-" I hurriedly get out of the shop before she finishes her sentence. None of what she's thinking is going to happen.

Only when I approach the car does Samuel take off his glasses. "You're late," he scowls.

I roll my eyes at him, "Good morning to you too Samuel, I'm great this fine day and you?" I reply sarcastically to which he just shakes his head and sighs.

He opens the back door for me, "We have to get going now smarty pants."

I slip inside the car and he closes the door shortly after. As soon as he gets inside, the engine of the car starts and off we go.

  I wonder why Leo wants me. What if he wants to argue more with me? No, I shouldn't be negative. Maybe he wants to apologize. Maybe he has planned a grant dinner, with soft music and red roses here and there.

I snort at my thoughts. Who am I kidding? This will never happen, not when I'm engaged with Leonardo.

"We've arrived." Samuel says, and guess where we are? The place Leo took me when he explained this whole marriage thing.

The cottage in the forest.

Well, I was definitely not expecting that.

Anticipation gets the best of me as I get out of the car before Samuel opens the door for me. "Where is he?" I ask.

He shrugs, "I don't know, I've already did my part by bringing you here so off you go." He gives me a little shove.

I stamble on my feet and before my face kisses the ground, hands circle my waist. "I don't think I ever gave you instructions of handling her like that." Leonardo O'Neil.

I think my heart dropped as he said that and butterflies filled my stomach.

What in the world is that?

I stand up straight and pat his hard strong chest. Already feeling embarrassed, I awkwardly smile at him and nod. "Thanks."

Leonardo does something he usually doesn't do, he flashes me a genuine smile. Then looks at Samuel, "You're dismissed."

With that, he turns me around and begins walking towards the cottage with his hand engulfing mine mind you. "So how was your day?" I think as he asks that question I started overthinking things.

Why is he acting this way? Does he want something from me? Who in the world is this person and where is Leonardo O'Neil?

"Alison?" His voice brings me back to reality and I look at him only to see his shining blue eyes already looking at me. "Are you okay?"

I blink a couple of time before nodding. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Why?"

He chuckles and looks back at where we're going. "You just kind of spaced out when I asked you a question."

A frown makes its way on my face, clearly confused at what he was referring to until I remember what he asked at first. Chuckling at how idiotic I was being, I nodded, "My haven't even begun yet. I was about to go to class before I saw one of your men."

Leo laughs at my answer, "Jeez, when you say it like that you make me sound like some sort of Mafia King."

I roll my eyes with a smile. "You might as well be one with the number of men working for you and the hard exterior." I wave my hand gesturing to his appearance. "Why do you have so many men by the way?" I ask the question I've always wanted to ask.

"Because I don't want to be in need of men when I fire someone or when their on leave." He says it in a 'duh' tone, to which I just shake my head. To me it's a total waste of money but to him it probably means nothing.

It doesn't take long until we arrive at the beautiful cottage but instead of going inside it, Leo leads me to the backyard and what I see completely takes me off guard.

A gasp leaves my mouth at the sight. "I thought we could clear the air, and start this whole marriage thing afresh."

Okay no, I'll ask again. Who is this man and what has he done with Leo?

**********

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, my senior year has been hectic and I didn't have time to write, I didn't even have time for anything.

But here's a chapter to show you that I haven't abandoned you.

Enjoy!!