𝟎𝟖. 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
❝YOU TOLD ME I COULD TRUST YOU.❞

━━━━━━━━━☆

[no silent readers pls 🥺]

AFTER THE carnival everything went to complete and utter shit.

Mia had spent the weekend with Fez, trying to get the image of Maddy and Nate's situation out of her head. She knew it was wrong that she was trying to forget what she saw but she couldn't forget what she saw. It played over and over on a loop in her head.

That resulted in her barely getting any sleep all weekend, tossing and turning in her bed all night. Fez noticed it while they spent time together at her house or his. Mia blamed it on school and basically all her extracurriculars. She hated lying to him.

MONDAY CAME and like any other day Mia was walking into the building with Maddy. Their vibe was definitely off though. The two girls had maybe exchanged five words to each other, not only was it noticeable to them but also their friend Kat.

"What are you the Unabomber?" Kat laughed, looking at Maddy's outfit.

"What are you a dominatrix?" Maddy shot back.

Mia ignored their conversation, plugging in her headphones while walking ahead of them into her class the same class she had with Maddy.

She sat down in her seat, putting her head down for a minute until she felt a tap. Mia looked up to see it was Maddy.

"Hey, Are you okay?" She asked.

Mia sighed, "Let's go to the restroom?"

Maddy nodded and let their teacher know that they were both going to go to the restroom before class started and to not mark them late.

The two girls walked to the restroom, luckily it was still early and no one was in it.

"So are you going to pace or are you going to let me know what's up?" Maddy asked.

Mia looked up at her best friend, "Take off your hoodie."

Maddy's face went white. "Huh?"

"Take off your hoodie Maddy."

"What are you even talking about Mia?" Maddy asked trying to act clueless.

"I saw what happened at the carnival Maddy. I saw what Nate did to you." Mia walked up to Maddy.

The Mexican girl backed up, "You don't know anything Mia. It's not what it looked liked."

"Maddy he was abusing you, he choked you. We need to tell the cops or someone." Mia said.

"No! No. You aren't going to tell anyone, he loves me. He didn't mean it, he was just angry and confused."

"Confused about what? You finding dick pics in his phone? Maddy we need to tell someone, you can't just let this go." Mia exclaimed her eyes getting teary.

"You tell anyone and I will not hesitate to tell people something that you've kept hidden for years. Something that you don't want people to know, and I know you know what I'm talking about." Maddy threatened.

Mia felt like the wind was knocked out of her, she hated this secret that burdened her and she hated Maddy for using it against her when she knew it was very traumatic for Mia.

"Wow." Mia laughed dryly. "Fuck you Maddy, don't come crawling back to me when you realize Nate doesn't actually love you." And with that being said Mia left Maddy in the restroom.