8

"There she goes, in the flesh. You look great, Nova," Jasmine said as her hand felt around my back.

I have on a plain white v-neck shirt and black faded moto-jeans. My black boots definitely make the outfit better looking. My hair is up in a ponytail. I'm not really used to getting dressed up anymore.

I chuckled, "Thanks, I guess."

Jasmine reminds me of rock star Joan Jett. Her all-black ripped everything and dyed black short fringe hair. From her chains hanging down from her pants and her steel toe combat boots. Jasmine is someone I can call a badass. She's completely dominant in everything she does. Her confidence is through the roof and she doesn't take no for an answer.

She's the true definition of balls to the wall. She doesn't care what anyone thinks. She's her own authority and that's what I admire most about her. She dropped out of high school in her early junior year.

It's like she was born in the wrong generation.

She grabbed my hand and lead me out of her house, "Let's ride hotshot."

We drove in her car all the way to Gamma. Gamma is a gay club further into the city. Willow, her friends, and my old friends would go to Gamma a lot during the weekends. We knew all the security and bodyguards surrounding the place so they would let us in knowing most of us were underage.

Now we won't have to sneak in cause we're all of age. Well, old enough to get inside at least. We met up with our old friends Cam and Chai inside.

It's just as I remembered it two years ago. Loud, colorful, and decently crowded. The bar is jammed and everyone is either dancing or running around half-naked. You have to love the freedom and charisma of gays.

"Nova!!!" Cam shouted as he ran to me. He scooped me up into a bear hug. I managed to push out a laugh while he crushed me in his arms.

"Cam you're gonna kill her before I get the chance to say hi!"

Cam put me down. I groaned with a smile plastered on my face. I missed these two.

"Sorry," He said shyly. "I just missed you."

I grinned, "I missed you too, Cam."

Cam is a big boy. A little husky. Dark skinned, freckles mostly on his face. He's a real cutie with his light brown hair faded on the sides. Most people don't think he's gay until he reveals his sexuality. He's a towering 6'3" and pretty intimidating on first look. He used to play football but stopped.

Chai walked into my arms. She hugged me gently.

I used to have a crush on Chai, but I learned quickly that her and I aren't really a good match. Some people are just better as friends and that's us.

She's half Asian. She's petite and has more of a modest style that fits her personality. Her cut black hair is in a bun held up with chopsticks. Chai  has always been super cute to me. Chai isn't her real name, but her love for the flavored drink is how she got the nickname.

It pains me on how much I must've missed out between all three of them. Cam and Chai ended up transferring out of my high school, soon after Jasmine left, because of their parents.

Most parents don't approve of Westley High after our ratings have gone down two years ago. But it's one of the only public schools in the area at the moment.

"You look so good!" Chai said. "I see your scar ended up being permanent after all."

I shrugged, "A relic from the past, I guess. It makes me look like more a badass."